Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fall Schedule Update

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by acquiescefc
ok well i called BA just now and got switched to the earlier 744 so i should have 3 hrs to make the 5:55 in SFO

Didnt really fancy another connection so it was the only option as it seems the later flight doesnt run now.
American Airlines Admirals Club (if you have access b/c of elite status on BA or via some other means) is in the same terminal as AS at SFO and is a nice space to relax while you wait for your onward flight to PDX. SFO Admirals Club also has showers if you wish to freshen up after the long TATL flight.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
American Airlines Admirals Club (if you have access b/c of elite status on BA or via some other means) is in the same terminal as AS at SFO and is a nice space to relax while you wait for your onward flight to PDX. SFO Admirals Club also has showers if you wish to freshen up after the long TATL flight.
The OP will only be able to access the SFO Admirals Club if they hold a Admirals Club membership (or buy a day pass) I think. Access based on status or cabin requires the onward flight to be on a oneworld airline.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rustykettel
The OP will only be able to access the SFO Admirals Club if they hold a Admirals Club membership (or buy a day pass) I think. Access based on status or cabin requires the onward flight to be on a oneworld airline.
True, my brother flew paid J on JL HDN-SFO connecting to AS SFO-SEA. Twitter team said he would have AC access but he was denied because his onward travel wasn't on AA.

James
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
For me, this is a sore spot; not having lounge accrss after a tpac when flying OW and connecting to AS. Many times I just want a shower.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:14 pm

Judging by comments im not sure if ill be allowed in.
Only have AA Gold and wont be silver BA until after this trip.
Im going from A TATL flight to J in AS so assume im not covered as its BA paid ticket.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by beckoa
For me, this is a sore spot; not having lounge accrss after a tpac when flying OW and connecting to AS. Many times I just want a shower.
This is why I specifically booked an AS TPAC F award HKG-LAX-SEA on AA in F instead of CX/AS in F- the first way gets you the QF F lounge or AA Flagship Dining plus showers at LAX (the Flagship Lounge showers are very nice, BTW), the second one gets you the Alaska Lounge at LAX, and no shower...

Im going from A TATL flight to J in AS so assume im not covered as its BA paid ticket.
Correct. You would have access to a OW lounge based on a J TATL flight IF you had an onward flight in OW. AS is not a OW airline, though. No access.

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

However... specific to SFO...

Freshen Up ? Airport Travel Services ? At the San Francisco Airport
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Correct. You would have access to a OW lounge based on a J TATL flight IF you had an onward flight in OW. AS is not a OW airline, though. No access.
If the AS operated flight is a BA flight number on a boarding pass issued by BA, I would give it a try at the SFO Admirals Club. Technically, you do not meet the requirements for entry, but I think you might be admitted in any case.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:43 pm

If the AS operated flight is a BA flight number on a boarding pass issued by BA, I would give it a try at the SFO Admirals Club. Technically, you do not meet the requirements for entry, but I think you might be admitted in any case.
JL Paid J HND-SFO connecting to a JL codeshare AS operated flight to SEA got the door slammed on AC access in T2. Their Twitter team didn't even know that unless you have an AC membership you are not getting in if you are flying AS. Period!

James
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
This is why I specifically booked an AS TPAC F award HKG-LAX-SEA on AA in F instead of CX/AS in F- the first way gets you the QF F lounge or AA Flagship Dining plus showers at LAX (the Flagship Lounge showers are very nice, BTW), the second one gets you the Alaska Lounge at LAX, and no shower...
Just curious, is the Flagship Lounge at LAX worth the extra 40K AS miles? If we value AS miles at $0.02 each it must be a hell of a meal and an awesome shower for $800.00. If you have that many AS miles to burn, why not go EK F HKG-DXB-LAX-SEA and shower before getting off the plane? lol

James
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Just curious, is the Flagship Lounge at LAX worth the extra 40K AS miles? If we value AS miles at $0.02 each it must be a hell of a meal and an awesome shower for $800.00. If you have that many AS miles to burn, why not go EK F HKG-DXB-LAX-SEA and shower before getting off the plane? lol

James
Am I missing something? Isn't AS TPAC F on AA HKG-LAX-SEA a 70k award?

Where does the extra 40k come from?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Am I missing something? Isn't AS TPAC F on AA HKG-LAX-SEA a 70k award?

Where does the extra 40k come from?

As Per T&C

2. American Asia Zone 1 awards include Japan, Korea and Mongolia. All other Asia travel is considered Zone 2.

So, HKG-LAX-SEA is 110,000 AS miles in true 3-cabin F. Not sure AA flies that route with a 2-cabin configuration. If it did it would be akin to J and we would be comparing apples & oranges. I have seen availability for AA F but would never book it at 110K. Their new F hard product may be nice but you know that is where it most likely stops.

James

EDIT: Maybe eponymous_coward can chime in here. He always books them specifically on AA for the Lounge access in LA. Perhaps he knows sonething we don't.

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Jun 21, 2018 at 1:54 am
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
just noticed SAN-BWI is a daytime trip in early Sep (back to redeye by early Dec however)
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:41 pm

JL Paid J HND-SFO connecting to a JL codeshare AS operated flight to SEA got the door slammed on AC access in T2. Their Twitter team didn't even know that unless you have an AC membership you are not getting in if you are flying AS. Period!

James
Good info. It sounds like they're really clamping down on access for AS flyers - bummer.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

As Per T&C

2. American Asia Zone 1 awards include Japan, Korea and Mongolia. All other Asia travel is considered Zone 2.

So, HKG-LAX-SEA is 110,000 AS miles in true 3-cabin F. Not sure AA flies that route with a 2-cabin configuration. If it did it would be akin to J and we would be comparing apples & oranges. I have seen availability for AA F but would never book it at 110K. Their new F hard product may be nice but you know that is where it most likely stops.

James

EDIT: Maybe eponymous_coward can chime in here. He always books them specifically on AA for the Lounge access in LA. Perhaps he knows sonething we don't.
It’s not “always”, it’s just that one time. That I did it. Before the new AA award chart. AA F was CHEAPER than CX F.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: AS 75k, B6 Mosaic
Just noticed AS has replaced at least one set of former VX/Airbus transcons with 737 metal:
  • AS 618 dep SFO 0905 arr JFK 1739
  • AS 671 dep JFK 1650 arr SFO 2034 (~formerly AS 1027)
First I've seen Boeing on these routes, definitely going to miss the 321neos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.