Fall Schedule Update

Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by lalala
Praise cheesus, the IAD-SEA is back to a somewhat normal schedule.
It looks like it is only switched for a couple of months. I travel to visit my mom who lives near IAD for the weekend every couple of months and the schedule is back to the old morning departure from SEA in September but then back to afternoon departure for December.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:30 pm

what are the AS guidelines for schedule change being significant enough to warrant even-exchange reissue to new dates or refund to original form of payment? any chance 30 minutes and huca agent shopping will qualify?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
Booked on an AA business class award from SEA-LAX-LHR-BCN, AS dropped the flight from SEA-LAX on 10/31. Luckily other flights were empty in F so I was able to be accommodated with no issues, just leave a 1/2 hour earlier.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Totally messed up my PDX/SEA/BWI and makes it a 5am from PDX rather than 730am switched to DCA and I will take an Uber
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wwongo
It looks like it is only switched for a couple of months. I travel to visit my mom who lives near IAD for the weekend every couple of months and the schedule is back to the old morning departure from SEA in September but then back to afternoon departure for December.
They haven't loaded the updated schedule past early November. I'm looking forward to seeing the updated winter schedule - currently dreading the lack of a redeye SEA-BOS which is going to mess up a lot of my travel patterns.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Colin
what are the AS guidelines for schedule change being significant enough to warrant even-exchange reissue to new dates or refund to original form of payment? any chance 30 minutes and huca agent shopping will qualify?
I got an one hour change and the agent said no.
She's a friendly and competent agent who changed 10 segments for me already before I asked about this date change. Did not huca. Not sure if I want to try again.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:54 pm

Is there usually another fall schedule change before September or should this be a pretty firm schedule now?

Also can anyone enlighten me on AS reschedule change and refund guidelines? I’ve read various time on previous threads but most say if your flight is rescheduled over an hour change you can get a full refund or change to another flight.

TIA
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:23 pm
vji

Anyone know if a schedule change can allow me to route to a different city instead?

Doing a mileage run one-day SFO->SEA->MKE->SEA->SFO bought for <$150 but with the new schedule changes, the earliest MKE->SEA segment I could take would arrive too late for any same-day SEA->SFO flight, forcing me to overnight in SEA. I found a SFO->SEA->ORD->SEA->SFO that has a same-day return (but has a connection time of 32 minutes, under MCT), but would the agents allow the new routing?

Any alternatives? Would I be allowed a free hotel in SEA and take a morning flight SEA->SFO?

Last edited by vji; Jun 13, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
off the top of my head, the answer to changing your destination will be an unqualified “No”; the answer to flying MKE-SEA as booked, and SEA-SFO the next day, will probably be “Yes” ... whether AS will pony up for a hotel is in the realm of “YMMV”
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
grrrrrrrrrr

mid October — LAX-SEA used to have two late evening departures (2130 and 2355); the earlier one got promoted to 2025, which is a total no-go from an international arrival at 1900 ... midnight arrival was bad enough, but getting back at 0200 is NOT gonna be pleasant
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by vji
Anyone know if a schedule change can allow me to route to a different city instead?

Doing a mileage run one-day SFO->SEA->MKE->SEA->SFO bought for <$150 but with the new schedule changes, the earliest MKE->SEA segment I could take would arrive too late for any same-day SEA->SFO flight, forcing me to overnight in SEA. I found a SFO->SEA->ORD->SEA->SFO that has a same-day return (but has a connection time of 32 minutes, under MCT), but would the agents allow the new routing?

Any alternatives? Would I be allowed a free hotel in SEA and take a morning flight SEA->SFO?
$150 for 4 flights across the country and you want a free hotel night as well? Now we know why AS's yields are going down. LOL
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Normally i'd agree but the OP and AS entered into a contract when the tickets were issued and AS is changing the terms so I tend to favor the traveler on this. By offering a full refund or being flexible with rerouting the Airline can make up for the change in terms but if the network doesn't allow the routing with the new times the airline has to cover additional costs.

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
$150 for 4 flights across the country and you want a free hotel night as well? Now we know why AS's yields are going down. LOL
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
I just got this the other day and I presume this is related to the update. I appreciate not having to wake up early but is this even a doable connection?

Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:24 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by mfolf
I just got this the other day and I presume this is related to the update. I appreciate not having to wake up early but is this even a doable connection?
55 minutes at SEA is easy peasy ..... provided SFO does not have a ground stop @:-)
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: AS
Agree. Totally doable. But, and it is a BIG BUT....depends on SFO, delay etc. That SEA/MSP flight is the only direct daytime flight. I believe there is also a late evening flight that is direct.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.