AS F service dropping to new lows

Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by rustykettel

Its not getting any better. Next three months menus are unveiled:

https://blog.alaskaair.com/food-and-...n-first-class/

Quintious nailed it in the First Class meal thread- too much divisive ingredients. Rhubarb-thyme compote on French toast? Really?
Only one plate has a chicken dish, no beef, no fish. This menu is crap of the worst order too bad there is no disgusted emoji Apparently AS has only listened to the extreme outliers of their surveys...
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by flytoeat
If they had the ability to sell every single seat in first, they'd be happy to say "tough luck, upgrade wannabes". My reference to earnings calls was to point out they have articulated a target for F sales.
0.0000000001% of people will pay for this "Enhanced menu". Totally worthless if they want to sell the F cabin
Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I was rather excited until the end.

Mushrooms have appeared yet again
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa

I LOVE mushrooms! They make me a fun'gi' when I am flying for fun. lol

James
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by BOB W
Only one plate has a chicken dish, no beef, no fish. This menu is crap of the worst order too bad there is no disgusted emoji Apparently AS has only listened to the extreme outliers of their surveys...
??? Did we read the same blog post? The Miso Ginger Beef mentioned in the first paragraph sounds tasty to me, and the other items are clearly listed as "Sample Menu Items", meaning there are more.

I still consider this an improvement over the past few years...
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
??? Did we read the same blog post? The Miso Ginger Beef mentioned in the first paragraph sounds tasty to me, and the other items are clearly listed as "Sample Menu Items", meaning there are more.

I still consider this an improvement over the past few years...
Miso Ginger Beef is "mentioned", doesn't mean is it real or will appear on any flights. Here is how you should read just one of the other dishes: Cold platter with (half ounce, two small bites if you want to stretch it out) Brie cheese, (one half of a) hardboiled egg (AS will keep that as the standard serving), (two more small bites to match the Brie) grilled flatbread, (2 just so they can keep the "S" at the end of carrotS) baby carrots, (2 miniature baby radishes 'cuz they are so cute) breakfast radishes, (three slices cuz' they are cheaper in season, up from two now) sliced cucumber, (no idea what these are so wait & see) stuffed peppadew peppers, (1/2 oz. served in a tall, square remakin so you cannot get to the hummus) lemon beet hummus and (2 broken pieces of one half of a) walnuts.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:18 am

Pick them out and give them to me. Problem solved.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W
Miso Ginger Beef is "mentioned", doesn't mean is it real or will appear on any flights. Here is how you should read just one of the other dishes: Cold platter with (half ounce, two small bites if you want to stretch it out) Brie cheese, (one half of a) hardboiled egg (AS will keep that as the standard serving), (two more small bites to match the Brie) grilled flatbread, (2 just so they can keep the "S" at the end of carrotS) baby carrots, (2 miniature baby radishes 'cuz they are so cute) breakfast radishes, (three slices cuz' they are cheaper in season, up from two now) sliced cucumber, (no idea what these are so wait & see) stuffed peppadew peppers, (1/2 oz. served in a tall, square remakin so you cannot get to the hummus) lemon beet hummus and (2 broken pieces of one half of a) walnuts.
Bob W, you need to understand the difference between actual food and aspirational food. Have you never purchased a frozen entree and looked at all the deliciousness on the box, only to find a "less than appealing" item that barely resembles what you thought you purchased, inside the box? Have you never purchased that item you saw on a commercial that makes the fast food item seem so delectable and yet, a lukewarm paper-wrapped slopburger shows up on your tray?

Might I politely suggest that you start considering that all AS meals are merely aspirational, and hopefully, it will clear up your ever increasingly severe case of IBS (Irritable Bob Syndrome).

Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Bob W, you need to understand the difference between actual food and aspirational food.

Might I politely suggest that you start considering that all AS meals are merely aspirational, and hopefully, it will clear up your ever increasingly severe case of IBS (Irritable Bob Syndrome).

Many times on AS the meals have looked like a slightly re-heated Swanson's TV dinner. I just get so disappointed, over and over again, with AS hype about how they are enhancing the food in F, only to see it go even further downhill. Just once I would like them to actually make the meal match the hype.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
This crap is still better than the LUVO garbage Delta used to serve up and down the left coast, unless they are still pulling it off. (my last left coast DL flight we only got the snack basket on the Compass E175 from SNA to SEA..)

I used to sneak into the lounge and ste, err borrow some ranch dressing or something to help make the Luvo food a bit more 'alive' - despite the fact it looked like someone had just harvested it from some field the day before.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Gogo is not cooperating with images. But the new chicken bulgogi was solid. Especially the rice. It does contain some heat.
NoLaGent and jinglish like this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Gogo is not cooperating with images. But the new chicken bulgogi was solid. Especially the rice. It does contain some heat.
Nice! I thought it looked good from those tasting pics a few months back in SEA.

Which route?

Last edited by NoLaGent; Jun 16, 2018 at 11:48 pm Reason: Grammar.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Nice! I thought it looked good from those tasting pics a few months back in SEA.

Which route?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29877282-post543.html

SEA-ANC

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.