Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounges (2020 and Earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by bkojote
I've seen it full of Priority Pass people, especially on foreign airlines. Hilariously, I was nearly denied entry the first time I showed my Alaska Lounge card because the agent hadn't seen one before (fortunately they corrected and quickly let me in).

To be honest I kind of wish they'd drop Priority Pass support. Some of the conduct (bare feet, commandeering a ton of couches, etc. ) was really gross.
I would assume given how disconnected all the terminals are at JFK that the PP crowds would be limited, but maybe I'm wrong.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
I would assume given how disconnected all the terminals are at JFK that the PP crowds would be limited, but maybe I'm wrong.
I'm pretty sure if you can fog a mirror and have a pulse you can qualify for a credit card with PP attached. Or at least it seems like it, anyway. Thus why AS has the sign ERRRYWHERE.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
What about IAD?

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:37 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old May 30, 2018, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cyborg
Even after AS bought VX we have been using the VS IAD Lounge with a reasonable $45 charge for F and MC. Now that AS has consumed VX (IT related) this is no longer available. So, what does AS intend to do for IAD?
Loungebuddy app on your phone, buy TK lounge access for $45 (it's also a PP lounge). Not too far from the AS gates. So you seem to be no worse off given that SRB is probably going to be buddies with AS (and allow AS pax into VS lounges) slightly after hell freezes over, and the cost for TK lounge access is exactly the same as what you paid for VS access.

PS: AA doesn't have a lounge at IAD, guess they must not "care", either... and they are a considerably larger airline than AS.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:42 pm

Even after AS bought VX we have been using the VS IAD Lounge with a reasonable $45 charge for F and MC. Now that AS has consumed VX (IT related) this is no longer available. So, what does AS intend to do for IAD? Are we now just a second class airport with no lounge in their eyes? This is not very competitive with *A carriers that have LH/UA/TK lounge access for elites and premium INTL passengers. This makes AS less attractive. Do they care?

V/r,

-Cyborg
At six flights a day, I would hope it would not be a high priority. There are dozens of larger stations in the west that also don't have Alaska Lounges.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:59 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
There are dozens of larger stations in the west that also don't have Alaska Lounges.
Let's first add SFO and SAN and relocate PDX (after airport seismic retrofit).
Old May 30, 2018, 6:09 pm

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:37 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old May 30, 2018, 6:10 pm

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:36 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old May 30, 2018, 6:13 pm

deleted

Old May 30, 2018, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TK isn't worth $45 and I've seen them turn away PP members just a couple of weeks ago when the lounge was too crowded. Never was a problem at VS lounge when I flew VX.

V/r,

-Cyborg
Well, I guess AS “doesn’t care” just like AA and B6 don’t at IAD.

Funny how you mention TK up thread and then dismiss it when it is mentioned as an option... but OK. Enjoy UA. You get complimentary lounge access in paid domestic F with them, right? Without paying extra?
jinglish likes this.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; May 30, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Old May 31, 2018, 2:29 am

deleted

Old May 31, 2018, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AS is going to eliminate VX recliners anyway.
Old May 31, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Even after AS bought VX we have been using the VS IAD Lounge with a reasonable $45 charge for F and MC. Now that AS has consumed VX (IT related) this is no longer available. So, what does AS intend to do for IAD? Are we now just a second class airport with no lounge in their eyes? This is not very competitive with *A carriers that have LH/UA/TK lounge access for elites and premium INTL passengers. This makes AS less attractive. Do they care?

V/r,

-Cyborg
The gate(s) that AS uses is nearby a lot of different lounges, but the timing of the flights are such that there is no real reason to use the lounges save the few afternoon flights. I highly doubt that AS is going to go out of their way to pay LH/BA/EY or some other lounge in the B terminal to give the handful of AS lounge members going through IAD access to a clean bathroom and an escape from the smell of Five guys prior to their flight. In the places where there is no lounge e.g. DCA, AS lounge members use the UA lounge (which is fine), but you still can't enter the lounge with a paid F ticket. I did notice the SEA_IAD flight is finally going back to a morning departure from SEA and afternoon from schedule for a bit, so that would be the only time I would be grumpy about lack of lounge access. Same goes for BWI, but there are no options but one PP lounge in the D terminal.

Be grateful the B gates are light with plenty of options for food and beverage nearby.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
OK, so we don't matter to AS, great, glad to know since I was an avid VX flyer for the IAD-SFO/LAX flights.
Is IAD really a major hub for Alaska? A quick check of the schedule shows two flights a day to SFO (one morning, one evening) and two flights a day to LAX (one morning, one evening). I also see one morning departure to SEA. Can they really support a lounge of their own at Dulles with that small of an operation? Would seem to be a money loser unless they can ramp up their midday schedule or sign an agreement for other carriers to funnel guests there. Is there space there anywhere near the Alaska gates? Don't know myself as all my Alaska flights this year have been to BWI (where there is a Priority Pass lounge I've never been turned away at).

In the case of SFO, there's just not any space, short of a restaurant or market vacating their current space and opening something up. AA isn't due to move out of their T2 SFO lounge until at least another year or two (after their relocation to T1 which is under construction).

Tom in the Alaska lounge at LAX
Old May 31, 2018, 9:57 am

While it's hardly the most convenient, SFO flyers have access to the splendid Cathay Pacific lounge.

With PreCheck and/or CLEAR it's an easy trip over.

But that said, T2 is so nice I really don't feel the need for it otherwise. There's plenty of seating, the restrooms are immaculate, and there's even a Yoga room for peace and quiet.
eponymous_coward likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.