Alaska Lounges (2020 and Earlier)

Old Jan 7, 21, 12:13 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
There's something quirky with alcohol sales at the PDX airport regardless of Covid. Oregon has a funny relationship with liquor as they own it all at a point during the distribution. Anyone that has worked restaurants or bars is well aware of the almighty OLCC (Oregon Liquor Control Commission). They are a fierce entity and put the hammer down on any establishments that violate the rules. The rules cover beer/wine and liquor but I believe the state only owns the liquor but also governs beer and wine sales.

One of rules is no alcohol sales from 2:30AM - 7:00AM (at least those were the hours years ago when it mattered to me - it's at least something close). Anyway, I was at the airport a couple years back and was surprised to see a person drinking a beer at the bar at 6AM. I did a bit of research and it turns out the airport is not always under the control of the local laws (OLCC). I'm wondering if some of alcohol-related questions might have something to do with juridstiction.
The Alaska lounge at PDX cannot start serving liquor until 5 AM due to these laws. I was about 10 seconds away from a 4:45 AM mimosa a few months back when a lounge attendant stoped the one working the bar who had forgotten about these rules.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Jan 7, 21, 6:15 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Popped into LAX really quickly to grab a few things, and I noticed that they're starting to sell those Snack Boxes that were originally given out in F when service restarted.
Old Jan 7, 21, 10:05 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by HeyItsMK View Post
Popped into LAX really quickly to grab a few things, and I noticed that they're starting to sell those Snack Boxes that were originally given out in F when service restarted.
Selling snack boxes...wow.
Old Jan 7, 21, 10:12 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by HeyItsMK View Post
I saw them stacked up behind the bar at PDX a week or so ago but didn't inquire. I can't imagine buying one...
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Jan 7, 21, 11:29 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
I saw them stacked up behind the bar at PDX a week or so ago but didn't inquire. I can't imagine buying one...
I don't understand this at all, as everything else is complimentary.
Old Jan 10, 21, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a question about Lounge access and mixed cabin itineraries.

If I have a mixed itinerary that's Q400 from PDX to SEA, then in F from SEA to LAX, can I use the lounge in PDX?

It may be moot, because if PDX is still taking PP entries I can use that to get in, but I might as well ask since it will probably continue to happen after traffic picks up and they start declining PP again.

I'm doing a bunch of my LAX-PDX trips in paid F via SEA through the first half of the year to get to 75K for next year, since F is really cheap right now and there's the stacked multiplier, but sometimes the schedule I want has a Q400 between PDX and SEA.
Old Jan 10, 21, 3:39 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Flying out of SEA to PHX mid February, morning flight, hoping to access the lounge, are breakfast options semi decent? Can one bring in outside food?

Last edited by OPENROAD; Jan 10, 21 at 4:21 pm
Old Jan 10, 21, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by chrisl137 View Post

If I have a mixed itinerary that's Q400 from PDX to SEA, then in F from SEA to LAX, can I use the lounge in PDX?
Yes. (as it's paid F)
chrisl137 and Bellerina like this.
Old Jan 10, 21, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NoLaGent View Post
Yes. (as it's paid F)
There are actually enough mainline and E175 flights between PDX-SEA that you can usually book one of those if you're flexible on connection time in SEA.
Old Jan 10, 21, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by OPENROAD View Post
Flying out of SEA to PHX mid February, morning flight, are breakfast options semi decent? Can one bring in outside food?
If you like fruit & cheese, yes, but otherwise, yes.

(edit- this is actually the AS Lounges thread, my comment pertains to AS F)
OPENROAD likes this.
Old Jan 10, 21, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
There are actually enough mainline and E175 flights between PDX-SEA that you can usually book one of those if you're flexible on connection time in SEA.
I know there are plenty of E175 flights, but they're scattered through the day. For the one I just booked the last few of the evening are all Q400 from PDX to SEA, and I generally need to stay in PDX til I'm done working for the day and try to take the latest flight I can out, anyway.
Old Jan 10, 21, 4:18 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
If you like fruit & cheese, yes, but otherwise, yes.

(edit- this is actually the AS Lounges thread, my comment pertains to AS F)

Actually meant choices un the lounge, will edit my post
Old Jan 10, 21, 4:36 pm

I'd say yes. Yogurt, granola, hard boiled eggs, fruit, packaged snacks, etc. Not sure if pancakes are back in SEA, but I think so, on order.
OPENROAD likes this.
Old Jan 10, 21, 4:44 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I'd say yes. Yogurt, granola, hard boiled eggs, fruit, packaged snacks, etc. Not sure if pancakes are back in SEA, but I think so, on order.
N lounge a few days ago they were available and self-serve. During the morning, the only things they served to you were the oatmeal and customized coffee drinks. Drip coffee was self-serve.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jan 10, 21, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
SEA N lounge -pancake machine running. D Lounge did not pancake machine on....was told they only have pancakes in N, for now. Did have yogurt, granola , hard boiled eggs in take away cups.
OPENROAD likes this.

Search this Thread