JFK security time?

655pm flight jfk sfo
i have precheck but not sure a precheck line
at security yet and aren't there a bunch
of europe flights at that time

need to check a bag
what time would you guys arrive at t7?
Old May 10, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, B6, Hertz President's Circle, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, VX Elevate Gold (RIP)
I've been through T7 at JFK twice for VX/AS fights since the switch was made from T4 on these flights.

There's no PreCheck line. Strictly cattle call.

First trip (December) took forever. Lots of disgruntled travelers. I was in line maybe an hour and twenty minutes. Second trip (March) was much better, but I was there non-peak. Took maybe 15 minutes to get through security.

The T7 remodel is supposed to be finished by the end of the year, at least from what I've read, and there will be a new PreCheck line at that point.

Hope that helps.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:53 pm

No precheck line, but they do have a temporary precheck-lite setup. I'd arrive 90-120 minutes before your flight, and if you get through early hang out in the Alaska Lounge.
Old May 16, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
Very quick process in the early AM. Pre available once you drop your bags on the conveyor belt and WTMD.
This was at 0630 and you want the most left TSA podium ID check. Nice thing about T7 is that the gates are very close to the checkpoint; 10 minutes from line to gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.