SAN has been a mess lately

Old May 8, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by DrAlex
This was touched on briefly in another thread, but I will say that relief is coming. T2E in 2019.
Where is there room for AS in 2E?

May explain why AS has not taken over the former UA T1 lounge.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by diver858
Where is there room for AS in 2E?

May explain why AS has not taken over the former UA T1 lounge.
Presimably there will be a shuffle of airline gates among other airlines.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
[Speculation here] I would imagine airlines without partners might get relegated to T1W: Spirit, Sun Country, Allegiant (and maybe even Hawaiian?). Someone mentioned that most/all of the international flights would possibly be moved to T2W to free up more space as well.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic; AS MVPG 75K; DL Plat
I was also caught up in yesterday morning's unusually long TSA Pre line. I fly AS out of SAN weekly and have never seen the line that long (usually there is little or no line in the Pre lane). Despite the mess, the line progressed smoothly and the passengers around me were patient and courteous.

While I agree the SAN T1 experience is subpar, I'd still take it any day over the truly chaotic AS EWR terminal.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by FluxTZ
I can confirm a lounge at SFO is in the works and they are considering two different options: the existing AA lounge when they move to T1 in 2020 or a brand new lounge. Perhaps both over time?
What's the rush?
Old May 8, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List
Originally Posted by DrAlex
[Speculation here] I would imagine airlines without partners might get relegated to T1W: Spirit, Sun Country, Allegiant (and maybe even Hawaiian?). Someone mentioned that most/all of the international flights would possibly be moved to T2W to free up more space as well.
International arrivals are definitely moving to T2w (new customs/immigration area will be there). I’m not sure about the international departures, but it would make sense to move them to the side with the larger security area, at least until T1 is rebuilt (assuming that actually happens before the end of time).

As for speculation about domestic gate reshuffling, I agree it makes the most sense to push the niche airlines to T1. The few details I’ve seen about the changes seem to suggest that. Ideally, every airline would reside within a single secure area, but I assume Southwest is too big to fit in T2, even with a major reshuffle. My best guess is that Southwest gets back down to two secure areas, the niche airlines all or mostly move to T1, and Alaska gets to cozy up closer to its international partners, BA and JAL, and it’s codeshare partner, AA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.