Marriott Transfer Issue to AS

Old May 9, 2018, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by danolds83
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Redeemed the travel package on Sunday, April 29. Personally, I've read random reports that they batch process on Wednesdays so I'm really holding on to hope that tomorrow is the day. Please let me know if you see yours post and I'll do the same
You were right! Mine posted this morning!! Yeah!!!
Old May 9, 2018, 7:22 am

Posted finally as well
Old May 9, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: AS MVP, SPG Gold
Mine posted as well.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Transferred on the 11th (Wed) 5am, received them shortly after midnight on the 18th (Wed). This supports the additional DPs above.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by ALGU
Transferred on the 11th (Wed) 5am, received them shortly after midnight on the 18th (Wed). This supports the additional DPs above.
transfered for first time (though had successfully transfered in past with SPG).

procedure seems to work, it required me to enter a code that it texted to ensure authenticity. After completing, I get the display that it was successful. However, it then says I have a zero balance (inaccurate). No email confirmation that a transfer was made, nor has my Marriott balance gone down the way it did with Starwood.

Is this how marriott transfers typically work?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by jamienbaker

transfered for first time (though had successfully transfered in past with SPG).

procedure seems to work, it required me to enter a code that it texted to ensure authenticity. After completing, I get the display that it was successful. However, it then says I have a zero balance (inaccurate). No email confirmation that a transfer was made, nor has my Marriott balance gone down the way it did with Starwood.

Is this how marriott transfers typically work?
I think it would be fair to say that your points were not transferred as there still appears to be problems transferring to AS as well as other airlines. So far the only airline where I have heard the transfer is working is to Southwest.

There is a lot of talk about this in the following thread on the consolidated Marriott forum:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...s-miles-4.html
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by minz56
I think it would be fair to say that your points were not transferred as there still appears to be problems transferring to AS as well as other airlines. So far the only airline where I have heard the transfer is working is to Southwest.

There is a lot of talk about this in the following thread on the consolidated Marriott forum:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...s-miles-4.html
Thanks, I think you’re right. As a datapoint, I tried to transfer to AA this morn as an experiment. Marriott knew my AA number (from SPG, which also knew my AS), transaction went through, and Marriott balance reflected the fact. Granted, hasn’t hit AA yet but I’m confident (and it was only 3,000). I miss being able to transfer one SPG point as an experiment. But I really need an Emirates award asap so need AS to work. I’ll try calling but I’m not optimistic. Sucks.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Wish I'd thought to check Flyertalk before paying $50 to top off my SPG account to 60,000 so I could get the transfer bonus. Went through the transfer process yesterday, including the verification code, and got the same successful status as the previous poster (including the incorrect zero balance), but nothing has happened--no points have been deducted from my Marriott/SPG account and obviously none received in my AS account. So frustrating! I have time and flexibility on my side so won't be purchasing points to grab the BA business class award I want, but it sure would be nice to be able to use the points I'd counted on having. Will keep checking this thread and the one in the Marriott forum to see if anyone has success.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP
SPG transfer appears to be working now--points were taken out of my SPG account when I initiated the transfer just now, we'll see if/when they show up in my AS account.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS MVP Gold, UA Gold, SPG/Mariott Gold, IHG Plat
DP for the 'new' Marriott program: initiated transfer of 60k points on 11/4 with confirmation by text. Points did not show up until 11/14 (10 days total, transferred on 8th business day). I did not have to call or do anything to facilitate the above. Bonus points posted correctly. Cheers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.