Marriott Transfer Issue to AS

Old May 4, 2018, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Marriott Transfer Issue to AS

Hi,

Apologies if wrong forum but for reasons that will be explained below, I feel the topic is more appropriate here.

I redeemed a Marriott Travel Package requesting 120K to Alaska. MR agent did that on April
27. Today I called MR since nothing showed in AS account yet. MR agent confirmed it was transferred- and asked me to call AS.

Called AS and they don’t see it.

Whats going on?
Old May 4, 2018, 9:27 am

Make sure your name exactly matches and you gave the right number (call to double-check with Marriott that you did give the right number).
Probably wait over the weekend/Monday to see if some batch-script runs - and then call again? This is unfortunately an issue where you'll just need to keep calling both parties and escalating till resolved.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:02 am

Location: Seattle, WA & Red Lodge, MT (USA) and Cumbria, England
Programs: AA Platinum for Life, AS MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Titanium for Life, Hilton Diamond
I made one of these same transfers (Marriott Travel Package, which provided air miles) to AS about a month ago. Mine took 4-5 days to transfer (no glitches). As nomiiiii suggested, I would check to make sure your name is exactly the same on both accounts.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Red L
I made one of these same transfers (Marriott Travel Package, which provided air miles) to AS about a month ago. Mine took 4-5 days to transfer (no glitches). As nomiiiii suggested, I would check to make sure your name is exactly the same on both accounts.

Yes exactly the same. I have a super easy name (7 characters in total including first and last names) and no middle name.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It is just taking a while. I have redeemed a few Marriott travel packages for AS miles. They took between 5-10 business days.
Old May 5, 2018, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by buschoi
It is just taking a while. I have redeemed a few Marriott travel packages for AS miles. They took between 5-10 business days.
Thanks!

Hopefully I get it soon.
Old May 6, 2018, 9:27 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I completed a transfer this year in a travel package in March this year as a Marriott Platinum Elite which allowed for them to be expedited. It took less than 5 business days if I recall correctly.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I completed a transfer this year in a travel package in March this year as a Marriott Platinum Elite which allowed for them to be expedited. It took less than 5 business days if I recall correctly.
I am MR Gold and wish I know about the expedited option! Still have not posted and it’s been a whole week.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Something is amiss. My miles posted within 5 business days, from a TP ordered in late March.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, SPG Gold
As a data point, I used the Marriott Travel Packaged on 5/1 and have yet to receive my Alaska miles.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spuballer
As a data point, I used the Marriott Travel Packaged on 5/1 and have yet to receive my Alaska miles.
Please post here when you have received it. I will do the same. Still not received yet.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:42 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes

I am MR Gold and wish I know about the expedited option! Still have not posted and it’s been a whole week.
I only knew as the agent proactively mentioned it. It was no fee so I opted in.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:25 am

Booked one on 4/30 and still nothing either :/
Old May 8, 2018, 9:55 am
Original Poster

I purchased 14K (incl. 40% bonus, but ouch on the extra Canadian tax!) points yesterday and it showed up immediately so at least my account is alive and well. Still waiting for the TP 120K.

When should we call Marriott? Two weeks?
Old May 8, 2018, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
I purchased 14K (incl. 40% bonus, but ouch on the extra Canadian tax!) points yesterday and it showed up immediately so at least my account is alive and well. Still waiting for the TP 120K.

When should we call Marriott? Two weeks?
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Redeemed the travel package on Sunday, April 29. Personally, I've read random reports that they batch process on Wednesdays so I'm really holding on to hope that tomorrow is the day. Please let me know if you see yours post and I'll do the same
ALGU likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.