Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: AS, AA, BA, SQ
LAX 486 LAX-JFK May 8th. Water bottles at seats, no PDB.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hyatt EXPL, *all* the CC statuses
5/11 SAN-STS op by OO, Mimosas offered to everyone in F and water at seats.
5/12 STS-SAN op by OO, Mimosas offered to everyone in F and water at seats.
Different flight crews, maybe it's the route (wine country) or just an OO thing.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Tonight Was offered only water and just before safety announcement.
Old May 15, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Only water at seats, no PDB on IAD-SFO.

When I politely asked about an adult beverage, the FA said “Alaska discontinued those”. Learned during the dinner service that FA was a new hire, having started Jan 2019.
Old May 15, 2019, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by jjmadison

When I politely asked about an adult beverage, the FA said “Alaska discontinued those”. Learned during the dinner service that FA was a new hire, having started Jan 2019.
please write it up ASAP. PLEASE. Just to be clear - this person was given VERY clear instruction in his/her new hire training - s/he simply chose not to bother. PLEASE write it up.
Eastbay1K, NoLaGent, pcoll and 2 others like this.
Old May 15, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by jjmadison

Please send in a quick note to Customer Care (via Feedback/Customer Care/Request a Response) with the flight #/date/name (or description of FA if you don't have that) and what they said.

I know it seems pointless, but it's the only tool we have to give them data points that are actually passed on to Inflight Management.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
No PDB on the SEA-LIH morning flight this past Monday, just water.

I sent mail regarding the flight attendant serving F. It was easily the worst F service I ever had on any airline. A six hour flight and he's reading the paper for an hour and a half and we get offered beverages TWICE. Y got beverages offered more often. We ask for them one-off and he never gets them, then "remembers" 20 minutes before landing.

This was worse than the Economy Light service I got on Virgin Atlantic two weeks ago. Completely unacceptable.

Alaska's service needs work.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:45 pm

But wait, Alaska is the best! #Alaskabeyond

Originally Posted by sullim4
No PDB on the SEA-LIH morning flight this past Monday, just water.

I sent mail regarding the flight attendant serving F. It was easily the worst F service I ever had on any airline. A six hour flight and he's reading the paper for an hour and a half and we get offered beverages TWICE. Y got beverages offered more often. We ask for them one-off and he never gets them, then "remembers" 20 minutes before landing.

This was worse than the Economy Light service I got on Virgin Atlantic two weeks ago. Completely unacceptable.

Alaska's service needs work.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:46 pm

Or maybe their training sucked. Read these entire threads. And don't tell me the training stinks.

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
please write it up ASAP. PLEASE. Just to be clear - this person was given VERY clear instruction in his/her new hire training - s/he simply chose not to bother. PLEASE write it up.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by n7371f
Or maybe their training sucked. Read these entire threads. And don't tell me the training stinks.
You need training to know that if someone asks for a drink you should bring it?
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by n7371f
AS Flyer is an FA, so they know what they are talking about...
dgreen12, NoLaGent, pcoll and 1 others like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: AS
LAX/SEA 1052 5/15
Water at seat. NO PDB
Flight was double catered from SEA so, galley already stocked. Could tell FA had no intention of serving PDB because
FA's spent boarding just chatting with each other. Did not bother to acknowledge boarding passengers.
F passenger went forward with jacket only to be told, "sorry we don't have closets" and then back to their chat.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pcoll
LAX/SEA 1052 5/15
Water at seat. NO PDB
Flight was double catered from SEA so, galley already stocked. Could tell FA had no intention of serving PDB because
FA's spent boarding just chatting with each other. Did not bother to acknowledge boarding passengers.
F passenger went forward with jacket only to be told, "sorry we don't have closets" and then back to their chat.
From flight number, I assume that the closet answer was correct.

At this point I just ask for PDBs when they don't serve them. It's fun to collect the excuses that they give.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS
VG, Yes, it was reconfigured Airbus plane. But, my reaction came from no offer to help find place for jackets - the attitude.
I do like the idea of asking for beverage and what the response is.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
It's fun to collect the excuses that they give.
Alaska PDB bingo cards anyone?
pcoll and rustykettel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.