Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Was on a mid-con out of SEA last week; we boarded at the usual 40+ mark, everyone on with 10 minutes to go, no PDB, though the FA did take our initial drink orders. Then the pilot announced we would be 30 minutes delay....still no PDB as we sat around staring at each other. That being said, once in the air and the 10K chime went off, the FA had drinks out within minutes, probably the fastest I have seen in some time. She was very diligent, attentive and did not take a break in the 3 hour 50 minute flight, constantly going up and down the aisle as well as helping coach. On the way back, it was a quick turn around for the aircraft, but the FA was offering PDB and having to dance around boarding passengers, leaning over seat backs in order to do it, but everyone got their drink but it had to be consumed quick. The service back to SEA was equally impressive as going out. All in all....great service despite my first world annoyance at the start.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
SEA-PHX last week, coffee offered. "Can I have Baileys in mine?" "Sure."
VegasGambler likes this.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
Was on a mid-con out of SEA last week; we boarded at the usual 40+ mark, everyone on with 10 minutes to go, no PDB, though the FA did take our initial drink orders. Then the pilot announced we would be 30 minutes delay....still no PDB as we sat around staring at each other. That being said, once in the air and the 10K chime went off, the FA had drinks out within minutes, probably the fastest I have seen in some time. She was very diligent, attentive and did not take a break in the 3 hour 50 minute flight, constantly going up and down the aisle as well as helping coach. On the way back, it was a quick turn around for the aircraft, but the FA was offering PDB and having to dance around boarding passengers, leaning over seat backs in order to do it, but everyone got their drink but it had to be consumed quick. The service back to SEA was equally impressive as going out. All in all....great service despite my first world annoyance at the start.
On my flight to Vegas on Saturday we all boarded and the FO told us we would be delayed an hour because our replacement captain had not shown up yet. He also said we would all get water but alcohol "could not be served on the ground". Maybe he was referring to sales in coach? But F didn't get an beverages either...
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: AS Peon
Offered sparkling wine or OJ on AS3490 SEA-FAT this evening. I think I'm 2/3 on being offered PDBs between SEA and FAT this year.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
SEA-PHX last week, coffee offered. "Can I have Bailey's in mine?" "Sure."

:-:
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

👍👍 Baileys and coffee is my go-to drink on a plane if I'm too tired for scotch. I never have it when I'm not flying though.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: AS 75K
Sea-LAX this morning. Coffee was it...but at 6 am its sort of understandable...
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:58 pm

As 99 -- #alaskabeyond

Originally Posted by bob w
3/12/2019

as 3443 slc-sea no pdb. Flight had a fast turnaround due to late arriving aircraft.

As 99 sea-anc no pdb. There was plenty of time since both fa's up front had time to finish their very large coffee drinks, check their phones several times and chat with the other fa's. Once in the air, service was better, but it still took over 45 minutes for the first drinks to arrive. Snack basket was the only food offered. Soe again.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by n7371f
As 99 -- #alaskabeyond
I am not sure I get your point.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:08 am

Programs: AS, AA, BA, SQ
LAX-HNL (767)and HNL-LAX (768) last week, offered sparkling wine, POG mimosa, or water on the outbound, and sparking wine or water on the way back. Both times it seemed to be the salmon creek bubbly and not the can wine which I have grown to love.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
C 17 terminal gate , always carry my reusable Starbucks cup and filled up in board room right before going to gate directly into line for boarding. Sat down, handed my coat to FA and she asked if I wanted a fresh cup. I said the coffeee was just filled but needed a baileys. She brought over 2.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: DL PM, New Sagaya
Flt 833 PDX-HNL I boarded at the tail end (after savers). Sat down and was offerred a POG mimosa immediately.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I was on AS1360 (LAX>BOS) last Tuesday - pmAS crew working an Airbus (guess they are cross fleeting now). No PDB offered other than water at the seat. No blanket. The flight was mis-catered so it was dealer's choice as to what we got to eat. The FA (pmAS) spent 3+ hours of the 5 hour flight in the back galley and totally ignored 1st class (he may have come through the cabin 3 times in total). But the worst part was, his absence meant there were numerous Y passengers waiting in line for the F lav -- just congregating in the galley unsupervised. Totally shocked that Alaska management would be okay with passengers hanging out by the cockpit like that (not that they could get in, but still...)
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:06 pm

Write him up!

Originally Posted by bchips
I was on AS1360 (LAX>BOS) last Tuesday - pmAS crew working an Airbus (guess they are cross fleeting now). No PDB offered other than water at the seat. No blanket. The flight was mis-catered so it was dealer's choice as to what we got to eat. The FA (pmAS) spent 3+ hours of the 5 hour flight in the back galley and totally ignored 1st class (he may have come through the cabin 3 times in total). But the worst part was, his absence meant there were numerous Y passengers waiting in line for the F lav -- just congregating in the galley unsupervised. Totally shocked that Alaska management would be okay with passengers hanging out by the cockpit like that (not that they could get in, but still...)
pbelmore likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by bchips
This was my exact experience in pmVX F. The total lack of anything beyond the bare minimum of service was a total turn off. I thought pmVX would be a great experience, but the service in whY was better than F. Did VX brainwash this FA?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.