Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by jjmadison
How dare that crew make their co-workers look bad by actually offering base F class service as advertised??? What nerve. Who do they think they are?!
they make the rest look bad - like all their excuses for not doing it weren't really valid. The nerve....
jjmadison likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
How dare that crew make their co-workers look bad by actually offering base F class service as advertised??? What nerve. Who do they think they are?!
How about the FAs who give a full PDB? They make their co-workers look bad too and set expectations despite being well intentioned.

James
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
8/17 AS 1909 LAS-SFO
Water and biscoffs at seat, full bar PDB. Excellent crew and 2 for 2 this past week on new config airbii.
sltlyamusd and jjmadison like this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS1006, DCA-LAX, Tues 20 Aug

boarded at T-40; water bottles at seats; ~T-30 Gabrielle (“Bri”) made the rounds asking if anyone wanted a beverage before takeoff (fwiw, I’m pretty sure I was the only one who indulged in a mimosa)

PDB service notwithstanding, I’m really gonna miss the VX F seats
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by jrl767
AS1006, DCA-LAX, Tues 20 Aug

boarded at T-40; water bottles at seats; ~T-30 Gabrielle (“Bri”) made the rounds asking if anyone wanted a beverage before takeoff (fwiw, I’m pretty sure I was the only one who indulged in a mimosa)

PDB service notwithstanding, I’m really gonna miss the VX F seats
I second that emotion. Will really miss those fabulous white recliners. Still trying to fly as many as possible.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
AS 1001, SFO-DCA, Aug 19

boarded T-35 and was immediately greeted by an offer of a full-PDB, a thank you for being 75k, and a highly professional comment: "I'm here to serve. Whatever you care for, we are here to provide."

This was, without question, the best service I've received on an AS flight in 2019. Two FAs handled the beginning of F service, and the F FA provided impeccable service for the entire flight.

I've written into AS Listens to let them know how stellar this particular crew was
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:15 pm

AS 1001, SFO-DCA, Aug 19

boarded T-35 and was immediately greeted by an offer of a full-PDB, a thank you for being 75k, and a highly professional comment: "I'm here to serve. Whatever you care for, we are here to provide."

This was, without question, the best service I've received on an AS flight in 2019. Two FAs handled the beginning of F service, and the F FA provided impeccable service for the entire flight.

I've written into AS Listens to let them know how stellar this particular crew was
Agreed, and I've just done the same for my last 2 flights. Crews need to be commended when they provide excellent service.
jjmadison, samosa and rustykettel like this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Red Lion Gold
AS 779 STL to SEA. Boarded at T-40. No PDB at all. I almost actually asked. There was no reason for it not to happen. We even pushed 10 mins early. And all bags fit on the plane.

Sooooo inconsistent.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
0 for 2 today. SFO SEA and SEA DEN. Both 1xxx series flights.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by mikexner
AS 779 STL to SEA. Boarded at T-40. No PDB at all. I almost actually asked. There was no reason for it not to happen. We even pushed 10 mins early. And all bags fit on the plane.

Sooooo inconsistent.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
ASK! If they say no without a valid reason, please write them up. I've been doing this for months now and I've probably just gotten lucky lately, but it does seem to be getting better...

On a sidenote, my luck with the last 2 flights has been with new hires. One from QX who went mainline 2 months ago, and one with a former DL FA.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
with 8 passengers , it seems like they really have no excuse. BUT... this has been our experience also. Seems like a no brainer ( especially if galley has already been catered) but, poor attitude seems to rule the day.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by pcoll

with 8 passengers , it seems like they really have no excuse. BUT... this has been our experience also. Seems like a no brainer ( especially if galley has already been catered) but, poor attitude seems to rule the day.
Catering was a bit late on both segments, but a modicum of effort would have provided time. Depending on the crew demeanor, I don't want to engage (re: asking, in a prior post) in a manner that might set a sour tone for the actual flight.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
389 on 8/20 - SFO-SEA

Boarded T-30 to 2D, several seats empty. FA offered coffee, "champagne", OJ. Water at seat.

Eventually more seats filled, including 1D with an AS Capt in uniform. Several pax brought up from back to other seats - departed with 16 filled, but night before there were about a dozen empty. My UG only at T-2 hr (at check-in) - check-in did not go well, but will post elsewhere.

FWIW, I did a SDC from later flight, an 8F airbus (with 3 empty F) to improve chances of UG - and because I'm not the fan of those white seats as others are. Or better said, of the Airbus experience in general. And the later flight was 25 mins late. We were 10m early.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:47 pm

SEA-IAH, FA Jen offered us anything we wanted for PDB! I’ll be complimenting that in my Alaska Listens survey
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS2, SEA-DCA, 1345 departure Sun 25 Aug

Dasani bottles at seats; FAs virtually invisible save for greeting pax during boarding

I had made a Lounge stop for a g&t, so I wasn’t particularly interested in a mimosa or sparkling wine from a can, and opted to browse FT rather than bugging them about PDBs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.