Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by mikexner
Honestly, it kind of bugs me that I’m replying on this thread again.

1C. FA started by offering coffee. I asked for a mimosa. She took care of me, and changed up her tray for the rest of first class.

We we shouldn’t have to ask. This is now the standard of service. I’m finding I always have to ask and when I do, it’s always done with a smile. But I shouldn’t have to ask.
I don’t mind asking now that I know it may not come without a request.
what is upsetting - asking and being told “ we do not offer beverages until airborne or we no longer offer PDB”.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mikexner
Honestly, it kind of bugs me that I’m replying on this thread again.

1C. FA started by offering coffee. I asked for a mimosa. She took care of me, and changed up her tray for the rest of first class.

We we shouldn’t have to ask. This is now the standard of service. I’m finding I always have to ask and when I do, it’s always done with a smile. But I shouldn’t have to ask.
Agree. Nothing on STL-SEA recently, despite multiple delays. I’ve seen the champagne/mimosa/water offering on other AS flights recently, but really no excuse here on this dinner time flight.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
First mainline PDB ever!
Midday OAK-SEA the FA came around with a tray of OJ and wine.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL DM; AS 75K; Marriott Titanium Elite
I’ve commuted nearly weekly between LAX and JFK/EWR since August.

Of 29 flights in F (missed only one upgrade), I was only offered a PDB on 5 flights (three morning eastbound and two evening westbound).

5/29, especially on such long flights, is honestly pathetic compared to DL where I’m batting 100% for PDBs over the past three years.

However, in the grand scheme of things, I can’t complain too much because I bought 30 flights in coach and sat in first for 29 of them. Would be nice if AS would advise their FAs to provide consistent service though.
AS Flyer and jjmadison like this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Monday’s flight adventures:

SAN-SEA - Plane had just been towed over from a hard stand, catering was still underway when we boarded. Water was eventually passed out when they got it on board, but no other PDB. Understandable though.

SEA-DCA - Water was waiting on the seats, and a guy in a suit with a name tag that said “Inflight Manager” came around with champagne on a tray. He ended up disembarking from the aircraft before we left, so I am not sure if they were training, or he was assisting, or what.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:15 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Please continue the discussion in the new yearly thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...l#post31890075

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.