Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Took an early morning flight out of San Diego back in June, our legacy Alaska FA passed out coffee or water with cream and sugar prior to takeoff.

Then on Skywest flights, it'll either be nothing, or water/OJ, which is also common on most of my other Alaska flights.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Two Horizon E175 flights this weekend.

Saturday at 7:30AM - AS2740 - offer of coffee or OJ (no mention of mimosa) for PDB and water was already at seats.
I took coffee, when FA asked if I wanted anything in it I responded with "Whiskey?" - which got a chuckle but no whiskey until we were in the air.

Flight back from SJC at 9:10AM - AS2739 - water at seats but no PDBs offered. FA did gather drink orders for most of FC before she had to be seated for takeoff which helped getting the first round out a bit faster.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by nearlysober
Two Horizon E175 flights this weekend.

Saturday at 7:30AM - AS2740 - offer of coffee or OJ (no mention of mimosa) for PDB and water was already at seats.
I took coffee, when FA asked if I wanted anything in it I responded with "Whiskey?" - which got a chuckle but no whiskey until we were in the air.

Flight back from SJC at 9:10AM - AS2739 - water at seats but no PDBs offered. FA did gather drink orders for most of FC before she had to be seated for takeoff which helped getting the first round out a bit faster.
Your first flight was 7:30am.
PDB ‘s before 10 am are coffee or OJ.
sparkling wine comes into the picture after 10am, so that is the time to request mimosa.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by pcoll
Your first flight was 7:30am.
PDB ‘s before 10 am are coffee or OJ.
sparkling wine comes into the picture after 10am, so that is the time to request mimosa.
And based on my weekend flight, only water for PDB after 7pm.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:40 am

AS 446.
SEA/ LAX
10:45am departure
No PDB, water at seat.
F FA was not interested in any interaction from passengers. Came forward with coats, she turned her back to me. Swing FA (works F at beginning of flight, towel service etc, then back to Y for remainder of flight) did offer to hang up our coats.
not impressive by any means. Adequate would be my description.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
10/18
AS1302 SFO-MCO
Water at seat. That is all. Although there was service with a smile, I think similar to @pcoll: somewhat adequate.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:55 pm

Flt 67- SIT to JNU. Flight attendant explained the flight was too short for beverage service, but was there anything we wanted right now? He would provide it and pick it up before departure. I went with water, others nearby chose coffee. Positive experience compared fo some of the others in this thread!
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by AK_Blue
Flt 67- SIT to JNU. Flight attendant explained the flight was too short for beverage service, but was there anything we wanted right now? He would provide it and pick it up before departure. I went with water, others nearby chose coffee. Positive experience compared fo some of the others in this thread!
Same flight perhaps around the same time as yours, Wednesday, 10/23 to be exact, but KTN-SIT-JNU. Drink orders were taken before departing KTN but once up in the air, the captain asked the FA to remain seated, so no service. For those of us who didn't get off in SIT, those drink orders were fulfilled while on the ground there. Can't remember if pax who boarded in SIT got a "custom" PDB, but it was a nice touch.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1367 BOS-LAX on 10/23 - FA came around and offered PDBs after boarding slowed a bit, still with plenty of time before departure.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium Elite
PDB on 10/23 for AS 3469 from SAN to FAT

We were pleasantly surprised to be offered a mimosa as a PDB on 10/23 for AS 3469 from SAN to FAT.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 8:59 pm

On AS 3373 from Dal to Sea this past Sunday. I had a 2 hour weather delay after boarding the plane, but flight attendant came around twice to offer any alcoholic beverage of choice! She also passed around the first class snack basket! Great way to pass the time!
Bellerina likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K
AS 822 OGG-PDX 9/24. Offer of POG Mimosa, but I opted for straight bubbly wine.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 9:50 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

@Diego Rodriguez, Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
A few recent observations...

AS 652 PDX-DFW 10/10 8:25am - Coffee, OJ, or mimosa offered. Service was good in flight.

AS 3309 DAL-PDX 10/16 6:15pm - Coffee or OJ. Service was ok but a bit slow. Skywest FA mentioned in conversation that they were doing an out-and-back.

AS 2711 PDX-SEA 10/21 3pm - Coffee or OJ, although the FA didn't both to ask me as I was blowing on my mug of tea, which I guess I can understand. Nothing offered inflight after the usual disclaimer about turbulence somewhere in the world (but we didn't succeed in finding it).

AS 607 AUS-PDX 10/24 5:25pm - Nothing pre-departure. Service was generally good once we got in the air. The lunch menu was unappealing, but that's a different thread.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
3 of 7:

10/16 ANC-LAX red-eye: No PDB, Lifeless, below minimum service all around

10/17 LAX-DAL: AM PDB – attentive Skywest service

10/23 DAL-LAX: No PDB – attentive Skywest service

10/23 LAX-JFK red-eye: No PDB – excellent service

10/25 JFK-LAX: No PDB – good service

10/25 LAX-ANC red-eye: PDB - excellent service via FA Andrea, who stated that all FAs should be serving PDBs!

10/26 ANC-FAI: AM PDB - excellent service

For the most part, I fly quite self-sufficient so that I’m less dependent on FAs for my comfort and satisfaction. I also have a limit as to what I’m willing to pay for F, so even if the service is at the bottom (as it was on 10/16), I still feel I got what I paid for in EQMs and more comfortable seating.
pcoll and Flying for Fun like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.