Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note: Since this is a very active and specific thread, some off-topic posts have been deleted.

dayone, AS Moderator.
williwaw likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:45 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by pcoll
Today LAX/SEA. Fly#1178. 1:30pm

Interesting item happened during the AS Visa announcement. FA announces over system the usual AS Visa card details, but at the end of the list of perks was WAIVED CHANGE FEES. My eyes went big and went to rear galley to ask if she read from a script. Her answer was yes. I said, "THIS IS A BIG DEAL". Both FA's assured me this was what they were told.
Now.....I do not believe it...cannot find anything in T and C to confirm this. Not sure where the confusion comes from.....would be nice if they decide to include this.
I think she must have meant waived baggage fees ... because waived change fees are definitely not part of the Visa card benefits.
AS Flyer, jjmadison and Eurynom0s like this.

Last edited by missydarlin; Feb 1, 2019 at 9:58 am
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Nothing today on AS52 ANC-SEA. Did have water at the seat.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
793 DTW - SEA

Very chipper FA’s offered the bubbly. My first time with the unicorn. Bubbly definitely so-so but the offer is much appreciated. Well done!
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, New Sagaya
787 CHS-SEA. The last two to board into F. Quickly checked in with and offered mimosa, sparkling, coffee or water.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Still having consistent issues with this... even with ample time
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:46 pm

2/2 AS 707 SEA-RDU only coffee offered. Plane was parked at a remote so it took quite some time to get everyone on. A shame there were no mimosas.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:18 pm

SEA-IAH and IAH-SEA week of 2/2: no PDB on either flight
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
This is just another area where I shake my head at AS. Total amateur hour when it comes to First Class.

1 out of 12 this year for PDB. If it is in fact policy, that's pathetic.
worldtraveller73 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
BWI-SFO 2/8 no PDB.

Flight is 70% empty (worst I've ever seen it on these transcons). Two in F are even empty; a first in all my years of flying the DC-SF routes.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Thumbs down not really a good experience ...

Sat 23 Feb, AS438, SEA-SFO (1045am) water bottles at seats ... FAs were very sociable to several families w young children, which is fine, but they were all socializing by the forward galley after boarding completed ~T-10 ... several F pax had to flag one down to take jackets

UPDATE:
its now T+15; door is still open and FAs are still chatting in the galley ... I just emailed AS Customer Service
BenA and NoLaGent like this.

Last edited by jrl767; Feb 23, 2019 at 12:00 pm
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jrl767
Sat 23 Feb, AS438, SEA-SFO (1045am) water bottles at seats ... FAs were very sociable to several families w young children, which is fine, but they were all socializing by the forward galley after boarding completed ~T-10 ... several F pax had to flag one down to take jackets

UPDATE:
its now T+15; door is still open and FAs are still chatting in the galley ... I just emailed AS Customer Service
They are chatting for your safety. And if someone interrupts them to take a jacket, that sounds like interfering with procedures designed for your safety.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:47 pm

Nothing last night to ANC. Just the little water.

​​​​​​Waited for bags to be loaded, and then deicing...

I'm starting to think the standard is no pdb
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Flew MCO-SFO on the 20th, no PDB, just water bottle at the seat. Also no blankets.
ANC-JNU on the 21st , no PDB, just bottled water at the seat.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
SEA-MCO, Feb 23, pmAS 739: nothing at first - then water distributed halfway through boarding. No offer of anything else.

On a 4h23m redeye, It sure would be nice to get a beverage on the ground so you can go right to sleep. And there was nothing weird about the boarding that would have indicated they were in a rush - boarding finished early with plenty of time for galley chatter before pushback...

This trip is burning my last two GGUs from last year and is probably my final trip on AS since my status has expired, and Im not really feeling any regret about that based on this flight so far.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.