Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Old Dec 27, 18, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
12/26 AS 61 SEA-JNU. Coffee or OJ offered
Old Dec 29, 18, 12:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Diamond
Can one request a PDB other than the standard water, juice, coffee/sparkling wine?
Old Dec 29, 18, 2:11 am

Hi -

You can always request -- good luck actually getting it.
Old Dec 29, 18, 8:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Got offered coffee or juice on the YYC-SEA flight this morning.
Old Dec 29, 18, 11:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Diamond
What is the standard for PDB on the SEA-PDX shuttle prior and after 10am? I usually have been offered coffee or juice in the morning.

No attempt to serve anything on this morning's E175 flight. Since I was in 1C, I asked the FA upon landing what the PDB standard was...she responded juice/coffee. You could tell she was embarrassed and justified that it's difficult at times to walk up the aisle when pax are boarding (she has to make a judgement call).

The flight today wasn't very full and there was plenty of dead time with no one in the aisle during boarding.
Old Dec 29, 18, 12:19 pm

Programs: AS more so than UA these days
Originally Posted by koopas View Post
What is the standard for PDB on the SEA-PDX shuttle prior and after 10am? I usually have been offered coffee or juice in the morning.

No attempt to serve anything on this morning's E175 flight. Since I was in 1C, I asked the FA upon landing what the PDB standard was...she responded juice/coffee. You could tell she was embarrassed and justified that it's difficult at times to walk up the aisle when pax are boarding (she has to make a judgement call).

The flight today wasn't very full and there was plenty of dead time with no one in the aisle during boarding.
There's only one standard regardless of route and it's water, coffee, juice with sparkling wine added for departures after 10am. Please send in a comment to Customer Care w/flight details. It's the only way we're going to end up with consistent service and it's official AS policy, as confirmed by them to me.

Edited to add: You can read AS Customer Care's response to one of my initial inquiries about this on page 6, post #86 of this thread, but here's the most important part:

"I can confirm <name redacted> was incorrect and we do serve Sparkling wine along with coffee, juice and water after 10am for a pre-departure drink. I would also like to point out this change was made to provide consistency with our Airbus and Boeing aircraft service. "

Last edited by NoLaGent; Dec 29, 18 at 12:22 pm Reason: Post # w/policy
Old Dec 29, 18, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent View Post
There's only one standard regardless of route and it's water, coffee, juice with sparkling wine added for departures after 10am.
Don't they still serve those boozy fruity tropical fruit mimosa things (I have no clue what they are but they have booze in them) for the early-morning flights to Hawaii? Eg, OAK-OGG at 7am? I've certainly been offered these on that flight since they "standardized" the PDB offerings, despite it being before 10am.
Old Dec 29, 18, 2:50 pm

Programs: AS more so than UA these days
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
Don't they still serve those boozy fruity tropical fruit mimosa things (I have no clue what they are but they have booze in them) for the early-morning flights to Hawaii? Eg, OAK-OGG at 7am? I've certainly been offered these on that flight since they "standardized" the PDB offerings, despite it being before 10am.
The Hawaii flights were always an exception (they had a PDB when no other routes did) and you're talking about POG (Passionfruit/Orange/Guava), but I don't know the current status of that. Perhaps one of our forum FAs can chime in on that?
Old Dec 29, 18, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
The Hawaii flights were always an exception (they had a PDB when no other routes did) and you're talking about POG (Passionfruit/Orange/Guava), but I don't know the current status of that. Perhaps one of our forum FAs can chime in on that?
AFAIK its all been standardized.
Old Dec 29, 18, 4:03 pm

Iíve received POG-mosas on both flights Iíve taken to Hawaii in the past month.
Old Dec 30, 18, 10:25 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
SFO-PDX on 12/29. Got a choice of coffee or OJ. Either option came with a bonus Pre-departure Biscoff. Is the latter a new norm now?

Old Dec 31, 18, 6:05 pm

LAX-SFO. Requested a coffee; was told by the FA that they don't do pdb on such short flights. I'll write in when I land.
Old Dec 31, 18, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by mfolf View Post
SFO-PDX on 12/29. Got a choice of coffee or OJ. Either option came with a bonus Pre-departure Biscoff. Is the latter a new norm now?
They offered that in premium too, along with the snack basket (in addition to the snack, not instead of)
Old Dec 31, 18, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by mfolf View Post

Too much sugar for me. Cookies and orange juice has been the norm every time you donate blood.
Old Dec 31, 18, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
LAX-SFO. Requested a coffee; was told by the FA that they don't do pdb on such short flights. I'll write in when I land.
Good luck. I haven't seen anything other than water on that flight. Now when flying F, I have had to resort to getting my pre-departure coffee in the airport and taking it with me.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: