Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by n7371f
Write him up!
Agreed! Alaska Listens.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W
This was my exact experience in pmVX F. The total lack of anything beyond the bare minimum of service was a total turn off. I thought pmVX would be a great experience, but the service in whY was better than F. Did VX brainwash this FA?
My LAX-PVR flight on the Airbus with all pmAS FA's was amazing. Coffee & Orange juice offered as PDB. Non-stop service from takeoff to landing. FA was even up slightly ahead of the "ding." I was also surprised when the FA handed me a chocolate bar and thanked me for my loyalty just prior to sitting down for landing.

James in Puerto Vallarta
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
My LAX-PVR flight on the Airbus with all pmAS FA's was amazing. Coffee & Orange juice offered as PDB. Non-stop service from takeoff to landing. FA was even up slightly ahead of the "ding." I was also surprised when the FA handed me a chocolate bar and thanked me for my loyalty just prior to sitting down for landing.

James in Puerto Vallarta
No sparkling wine? What time was takeoff?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by n7371f
Write him up!
Originally Posted by BOB W
This was my exact experience in pmVX F. The total lack of anything beyond the bare minimum of service was a total turn off. I thought pmVX would be a great experience, but the service in whY was better than F. Did VX brainwash this FA?
I did write this up as it was pretty egregious. What was shocking was that he was pmAS (not VX). I've gotten used to pmVX FAs giving lackluster service.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS400, SEA-LAX, 1630 departure
  • boarded at 1605 (don’t know when they started, but the other 15 F seats were occupied, and there were at most maybe half a dozen pax who came on board before door closure at 1615)
  • FAs were in the galley doing not too much of anything
  • water bottles were at most seats (but of course not mine; the second F FA quickly delivered them with an expressionless “oh, sorry ‘bout that”)
  • managed to flag down the lead FA to hang my jacket after ~10 min
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which planes have the closets? I've never gotten an offer to hang my jacket on any AS flight.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Which planes have the closets? I've never gotten an offer to hang my jacket on any AS flight.
Haven't paid super close attention but my last few flights on 738 and 739 have had them.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
If I have a jacket they have always offered to hang it up if I am flying in the first cabin on a mainline 737.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
If I have a jacket they have always offered to hang it up if I am flying in the first cabin on a mainline 737.
same. Can’t recall when I have had to overhead my coat or jacket.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
3/13/19 - AS 332 SEA to SJC (17:40 Deaprture)
Water bottle at seat. PDB of OJ or sparkling wine offered.

3/18/19 - AS 2739 SJC to PAE (10:27 Departure)
Water bottle at seat. PDB of OJ or sparkling wine offered. Would have preferred coffee but they were having trouble brewing, had some about 45 minutes into the flight. This was kind of like a just after 9/11 flight. Only 4 in FC, 17 total on the flight.

3/18/19 - AS 2880 PAE to PDX (13:27 Departure)
Water bottle at seat. PDB of OJ or sparkling wine offered.
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
AS740, LAX-BWI
  • scheduled departure 2100, started boarding ~2055 (jet had arrived from ZIH and had to be towed over from TBIT, wasn't actually in position for the crew to board until ~2040); I was the second F passenger to board
  • water bottles and blankets at the seats
  • no FA appearances in the cabin during boarding, but he made several PA announcements exhorting pax to "help us have an on-time departure"

unrelated to PDB service: I couldn't see the seat map after ~T-75 ... when seat assignments first popped up on GIDS, the bottom of the screen said "Capacity 162, Booked Full, Checked in 163"; a few minutes later the last number changed to 151 and one upgrade cleared ... ~T-15 I noticed it now said 158, and a second upgrade cleared ... ~T+25 there were still two vacant F seats when one of the FAs made the "closed bins are full" announcement, and the lead FA was talking quietly but rather animatedly with a GA who was not working the flight ... the GA went toward the back and returned a minute or so later, closely followed by a passenger who took 1C with a big smile ... he stopped in the galley to talk with the FA again; the last of the conversation before door closure was something like "That's all?" "Yeah" ... it was nice to have the second blanket and water bottle
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: AS, AA, BA, SQ
AS487 LAX-SEA 03/19.
Mini bottles of water waiting at seats, no offer of PDB.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
Delayed report. Offered PDB on 304, SEA-SFO, Mar 8. The FA that day was notably helpful and pleasant.
Now the meal - turkey burger - that's another story. Cumin-burger on bun "toasted" on an oily grill. I like cumin; I do not like grilled bread.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3/21 AS1071 IAD-SFO
GA paged me to the podium about a minute before she started boarding, and handed me a BP for 2F ... one of the FAs was mopping up water in the entryway, so I jokingly said “Sure hope that wasn’t the sparkling wine!” ... at which the other FA rolled his eyes and said “That would be a travesty!”

water botles at seats; FA brought the menu cards within a few minutes and said there would be inflight mimosas available ... I asked if I could have one now, and he promptly obliged
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Xrayman
C 17 terminal gate , always carry my reusable Starbucks cup and filled up in board room right before going to gate directly into line for boarding. Sat down, handed my coat to FA and she asked if I wanted a fresh cup. I said the coffeee was just filled but needed a baileys. She brought over 2.
The ironic part is that I was on award F (the tail end of MEX-DFW-SEA-PHX) so I had Alaska Lounge access. You can get the good coffee in the lounge, but have to pay for Baileys on the plane. You can get the Baileys on the plane, but not the good coffee.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(I'm fond of Baileys AND Crater Lake Espresso vodka in coffee as well.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.