Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

When Will VX FFs Receive Promised AS Million Miler Credit?

When Will VX FFs Receive Promised AS Million Miler Credit?

Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Question When Will VX FFs Receive Promised AS Million Miler Credit?

Per Alaska Airlines' Guest Loyalty Director Kevin Scott:

We understand Mileage Plan members value tracking their progression toward Million Miler status and the associated benefits unlocked upon reaching it and the question you and others raised prompted us to reevaluate

The solution we have landed on is that in early 2018 we’ll take a retrospective look at Elevate earn activity from the date of the Alaska Airlines – Virgin America deal close (Dec 14, 2016) through the end of the program (Dec 31, 2017) and credit such activity toward Mileage Plan Million Miler progression.

Early 2018 has now come and gone. When does Alaska Airlines intend to honor this promise?

Source: https://thepointsguy.com/2017/11/ele...nly-partially/
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
AS hasn't announced anything further, and it's important to you, why not just contact AS directly through one of the various channels that they use- email, phone, or Twitter and see what's up? Maybe no one has contacted them so far so, and is getting prioritized lower than issues that people are contacting them about?
eponymous_coward and CalanMan like this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel
AS hasn't announced anything further, and it's important to you, why not just contact AS directly through one of the various channels that they use- email, phone, or Twitter and see what's up? Maybe no one has contacted them so far so, and is getting prioritized lower than issues that people are contacting them about?

Thanks. In the past, my experience has been than just about every question FF-program related has been asked and answered on FT (sometimes over and over again), so I posted here first to see if one of the more knowledgeable members of the FT community might have some additional information I might have missed.

If no one else on FT has any info, I'll look into it directly with AS and post their response.
CalanMan likes this.

Last edited by HKG_Flyer1; Apr 29, 2018 at 1:27 pm
Old May 2, 2018, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Update from AS Customer Care:

"There is not a set date on those flights being added to the million miler tier. They are still working on it."
rustykettel likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Latest update from AS Customer Care:

”We are still working out the details and programming for Virgin America flights to count towards Million Mile status. Unfortunately, at this time I do not have a full details on what flights will count or the date when this will be completed.”
mixmastermark and rustykettel like this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Thanks for the updates.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1

”We are still working out the details and programming for Virgin America flights to count towards Million Mile status. Unfortunately, at this time I do not have a full details on what flights will count or the date when this will be completed.”

short summary— it will be resolved when everybody has forgotten this was ever a promise.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

"Regretfully, the accrual of Elevate miles into our Million Miler status has been a complicated process in our merge. Virgin America Elevate did not accumulate mileage credit the same way as our Mileage Plan program. As such, it has caused a delay in this being completed. I can assure you that our Management staff is working on this for our members. Unfortunately, I do not have a time frame to provide to you."
rustykettel likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: AS
OK, almost a year later.....we are still working on it. Got it.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pcoll
OK, almost a year later.....we are still working on it. Got it.
Any bets on whether it will happen before or after SQ redemptions? That's happening in fall.. wait? Which fall was that?

I wonder if they will ever learn to stop promising things that they can't deliver on...
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
See post 7.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Why are they not counting activity in Elevate prior to December 2016...?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Why are they not counting activity in Elevate prior to December 2016...?
Because AS didn't own VX prior to that, and VX neither had lifetime qualification nor tracked BiS miles apparently.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Because AS didn't own VX prior to that, and VX neither had lifetime qualification nor tracked BiS miles apparently.
It was based solely on the price of the tickets you bought, and you could earn up to 15k qualifying points a year from the credit card.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
It was based solely on the price of the tickets you bought, and you could earn up to 15k qualifying points a year from the credit card.
Yeah, it was pure revenue + status based.

The card allowed you to get 15k status pts AND allowed excess status pts to roll over year to year. And gave you waived change fees regardless of status. And gave you a companion pass. Basically, the card was worth the $150 fee

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.