Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

When Will VX FFs Receive Promised AS Million Miler Credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When Will VX FFs Receive Promised AS Million Miler Credit?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
That works for you and I would be happy if you got it!

I could painstakingly comb through email accounts to put together receipts but I don't think that wouldn't be worth the effort. And I doubt AS would want to validate each of the submissions.
the merger period wouldn’t yield much for me, and I personally would still be so far away from a million miles that it wouldn’t be worth my time.

I doubt that AS customer service would credit or even have the ability to bump up the MM balance. But each request would be a reminder to them that this promise remains unfulfilled.

AS needs to keep it simple and ignoring it is ultimately simple.
One thing they have going for them is that their customers generally like them. Things like this aren’t exactly helpful in maintaining that sentiment. But I guess many will forget, and TPG is unlikely going to write about it (bite the hand ...)
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
I haven't heard any updates on when this is going to happen, and given the fact we're closing in on four years after Alaska Airlines promised they were going to take care of this, I'm planning to contact them again for an update (unless anyone else on here has received any recent updates on status).

I just tried reaching out via chat, but it's a 35 - 40 minute delay to get anyone.
mixmastermark likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
I haven't heard any updates on when this is going to happen, and given the fact we're closing in on four years after Alaska Airlines promised they were going to take care of this, I'm planning to contact them again for an update (unless anyone else on here has received any recent updates on status).

I just tried reaching out via chat, but it's a 35 - 40 minute delay to get anyone.
I’m actually surprised that no class action suit has been initiated.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Xrayman
I’m actually surprised that no class action suit has been initiated.
Unfortunately, it would probably only go as far as when UA told us MMers where to go and that its promises were false and even if they weren't, you can go blow it because we can change the rules whenever we want and you have no remedy.

I tend to believe that once the AS Sperry Univac can communicate with the VX Honeywell 200, that AS will try and do the right thing, and this is merely an IT delay.
catmndu likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I tend to believe that once the AS Sperry Univac can communicate with the VX Honeywell 200, that AS will try and do the right thing, and this is merely an IT delay.
I am envious of your optimism that AS is on something as modern as a Sperry Univac.

I was one of the VX transplants brought over to AS, and I gave up on any of my miles, pre or post acquisition, ever being put towards MM. I took my 30% mileage bonus and just accepted it.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
I think talking to regular customer service about it is a waste of time (for you and them).

If anything, spend your time writing a brief letter to the new CEO and ask him about an update on the promised credit.

I looked at the TPG article from the OP again, and the employee making the promise, Alaska’s Guest Loyalty Director Kevin Scott, is no longer with Alaska.
HKG_Flyer1 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: Yes
If someone affected by this wants to reach out to me and fill me in I would be happy to attempt to help.

No promises, but I definitely can get a response. 🤙🏻
Old Aug 1, 2021, 3:12 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by anteater
If someone affected by this wants to reach out to me and fill me in I would be happy to attempt to help.

This explains the issue and the promised but unfulfilled remedy pretty well.

Elevate Activity to Count Toward Alaska Million Mile Status (thepointsguy.com)
Old Aug 1, 2021, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by dayone
This explains the issue and the promised but unfulfilled remedy pretty well.

Elevate Activity to Count Toward Alaska Million Mile Status (thepointsguy.com)
Exactly, for a 1 year+2 week period, the amount of miles (for most Elevate members, by %) would be so negligible that it's really not surprising to me that nothing has been done.

It's certainly not class action worthy, unlike UAL, and we all saw how that ended up.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K

did you ever get a response?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by cpworld;[url=tel:34694220
34694220[/url]]did you ever get a response?
I don’t recall anyone reaching out to me as requested, so I don’t believe I took any action on this. I could be wrong, always enjoying a mai tai..

Feel free to PM me!
Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I escalated this a while back (with history) and was told it would be looked into. Maybe it's time to send it up the flagpole again.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

I would love a response for me....i was VX gold and such - i credited to the very last day of the program - on the promise it would count .... but to no avail.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
You, me, and many others.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe they can’t use the word “Virgin” without paying Virgin Group a licensing fee
anteater likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.