Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Brad forgets to tell Virgin crews they are now Alaska Air crew

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

just arrived in LAX on a flt from SEA - I was repeatedly told that Virgin crew were operating the flight. MVP Gold and above meant nothing to them - no free drink, no chocolate bar and the headphones are $3 please. Talked to customer service in LAX, was told the Virgin crews were untrained and they were not provided with electronic devices that could access the Alaska data bases. Seems like AS CEO has no control over the Virgin remnant.

When we approached our gate in LAX, pilot announced we had no ground crew. I guess Virgin crew have limits on how many planes they service at gates. After a 5 minute wait a crew finally decided to allow our flt in the gate.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
The free drink / chocolates don't come on to the Airbus metal until October. This was in one of our emails.
missamo80 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

So there are two airlines after all - guess I'm lucky I did not have to wait until Oct for my aircraft to access the gate here in LAX.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:47 pm

Ah, you are one of those.
FluxTZ and sutrosam like this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Maybe MVG and above should boycott Airbus metal. Branson was smart to sell Virgin mess - sorry Brad thought it was such a great deal
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

• Found this buried in the Elite benefits :
  • A complimentary premium beverage in the Main Cabin (Boeing aircraft)*
  • Four First Class guest upgrades per year
*Coming Summer 2018 on flights taken on an Airbus aircraft
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Brad has brought the "SPIRIT" to AS - attract passengers and sell them on MVPG - then run them off after flying a flight. Spirit Airlines is the best at providing an experience no one wants to repeat.

Airline tickets are like health insurance - it's all in the fine print !
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

• Found this buried in the Elite benefits :
  • A complimentary premium beverage in the Main Cabin (Boeing aircraft)*
  • Four First Class guest upgrades per year
*Coming Summer 2018 on flights taken on an Airbus aircraft
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:09 pm

Im not going to boycott, Im just going to have my credit card out unless I get First or rows 3 or 10... Unlimited food & beverage still in Premium per Alaska.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, UA PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Im not going to boycott, Im just going to have my credit card out unless I get First or rows 3 or 10... Unlimited food & beverage still in Premium per Alaska.
I was pleasantly surprised to be able to order unlimited food/beverage in former MCS rows on my 4/25 flight! On a VX flight about a month ago, an ITM mentioned that post 4/24 Premium class would be limited to one item.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:37 pm

@MiniC, I've heard from friends at Alaska that they are working on reprogramming RED, so we should enjoy it while we can.

and for those VX flyers - Premium class notifications do not come; so you just need to check the seatmap at either 24/72/120 hours from departure and move yourself, it shouldn't charge you unless you are in a fare that already grants you access (K and higher, I believe).
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Why would I want to boycott VX? Easy upgrades so far plus former MCS seats at booking for 75K on all fares.
McGowan06, safari ari and CalanMan like this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
and for those VX flyers - Premium class notifications do not come; so you just need to check the seatmap at either 24/72/120 hours from departure and move yourself, it shouldn't charge you unless you are in a fare that already grants you access (K and higher, I believe).
Well, if you are opted in for a PC upgrade and not seated in an exit row, you should get automatically moved into PC if there are open PC seats

If you are seated in an exit row you will not be moved, but can move yourself starting at your elite window

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.