Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

IPSOS survey for Alaska Airlines frequent flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS

Wonder if anyone else is getting the IPSOS surveys for Alaska Airlines. Looks like the same questions as when they had AS Insight Community surveys. When we received emails informing us that AS is discontinuing the Insight Community, I guess this is what replaced it. Not sure I want to dive into this pool.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Yup. It focused solely on the credit card — which makes sense since the actual operation of flying airplanes is kind of incidental to running an airline these days.

The scenarios suggested that they are considering increasing the number of miles earned on non-AS transactions and requiring a minimum spend to qualify for the companion fare (possibly also adding a F companion fare at a higher price point). I didn’t read too much into it, though, as I’ve taken similar surveys from Citi, etc. before only to see none of the proposed changes materialize.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
I took the survey as well, bit lengthy, bit annoying. The multiple scenarios do not bother me nor do I think it is an ominous sign. They seemed to give various scenarios and listing different card prices from zero to $95. At first it appeared they were trying to get information about differentiation of the standard card as opposed to the signature care as well as fish for other credit cards you use. I really did like may of the options they appeared to toss out there, did not like the one that allowed a companion fare if 20K spent over a year on the card, but of course, the card fee is zero. As I said, they are fishing.
samosa likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:44 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
...bit lengthy, bit annoying.
I bailed on it a third of the way through when it was clear it was going to take a long time to finish.

Surveys that give me a "chance" to win miles/points are of little interest these days; if you want my participation then give me x miles/points for completing the survey.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by cblaisd

Surveys that give me a "chance" to win miles/points are of little interest these days; if you want my participation then give me x miles/points for completing the survey.
Agreed. You want my opinion? Compensate me for my time. I’ll do surveys for Starbucks when they offer 10-25 stars. But when my airlines, hotels, and rental car companies send me surveys, they get deleted.
notquiteaff and SEA777GUY like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I bailed on it a third of the way through when it was clear it was going to take a long time to finish.

I agree with you, but I was somewhat interested in what options they are toying around with....if any.
billgris likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Thanks for those that shared what the survey was about. I got a reminder today that I hadn't responded yet. If I hate one thing more than actual uncompensated surveys, it's reminders... I got two more just today for hotel surveys from Hilton and Marriott. Makes me want to "compensate" them with bad responses.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
IPSOS survey Bank of America Alaska Airlines

I took the lengthy survey and was told in Oct. that I had won 25,000 miles. I sent in my personal information as requested and disclaimed being an employee of IPSOS. I was told to expect correspondence within 8- 12 weeks. Nothing has come. I wrote an email to IPSOS but got no response. Advice on where I go from here?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS
Welcome to Flyertalk rsbuhite!
Not sure if I can give any advice on this. Most of us did not expect to get any kind of compensation on this one. Have you checked your AS mileage plan account for deposit of 25,000 miles ??
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
IPSOS survey

Thanks pcoll. Unless the miles are hiding someplace on my acct summary, I don't see them
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rsbuhite
I took the lengthy survey and was told in Oct. that I had won 25,000 miles. I sent in my personal information as requested and disclaimed being an employee of IPSOS. I was told to expect correspondence within 8- 12 weeks. Nothing has come. I wrote an email to IPSOS but got no response. Advice on where I go from here?
Did you correctly give your social security number and mother's maiden name? And all of your passwords including your email? I'd be very suspicious of an email that asks for personal information to claim what I've won.
JPat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.