Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Flying/Upgrades on Legacy VX Aircraft After 4/25 Cutover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying/Upgrades on Legacy VX Aircraft After 4/25 Cutover

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by TravelBrighter
For now, in San Diego, Airbus flights will continue to depart from Terminal 2. The Alaska site says that this will continue “until we fully relocate to Terminal 2E early in 2019.” Can anyone confirm that this is true? If Alaska is leaving its circle-of-sadness gate area for 2E, that is a seizemic shift for the better. (Connections to AA! Food options! Room to breathe! A VIABLE PARTNER CLUB IN SAN DIEGO!!!)

Or is this just another one of those Alaska site typos, and the consolidation is actually to Terminal 1?

I don't understand why they wouldn't have all flights departing out of T1, if the only ticket counters will be in T1. After all, its only a matter of adding between four and six flights per day to gates 13-18. Seems doable.

Last edited by sltlyamusd; Apr 26, 2018 at 12:40 pm Reason: missed another post with clarifying info
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:05 pm

As 75K, I was upgraded at T -5 Days (note that was before the official transition date) on ex-VX aircraft from SFO-SAN tomorrow(4/26) morning. I have a seat assigned and boarding pass, so I assume there will be no issues.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
This morning I was upgraded on an R fare about 2 hours before departure. In the last few weeks, I've successfully used GGUs and instant upgrade fares on Alaska A320s. There is for sure less U space than there is on 12F or 16F aircraft, but it does exist, and it does work like everywhere else in the AS system.

I also saw the bug where half the upgrade list has a green checkmark next to their name, even though the seat assignment is in coach/PC. When my upgrade cleared, the seat assignment for my name on the upgrade list updated to show my correct seat, but there was no change to the checkmark to indicate that I actually had been upgraded.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:27 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
As MVP 75 I was upgraded today (booked today) for a flight leaving PHL-SFO on April 30th. Was a miles ticket. Shows me in seat 2C
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by CalanMan
... half the upgrade list has a green checkmark next to their name, even though the seat assignment is in coach/PC. When my upgrade cleared, the seat assignment for my name on the upgrade list updated to show my correct seat, but there was no change to the checkmark to indicate that I actually had been upgraded.
this x1000 ... if you’ve cleared at booking, or at the window, your name shouldn’t be on the list at all ... in fact, the list should probably be called the “Still Awaiting Upgrade” waitlist
pbelmore likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I’m glad that there seems to be upgrades on the A320s!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today, AS1715 DAL-SFO, A321 VX plane. Was #1 on list for upgrade to F until about 1 hour before flight with 4 unassigned seats when the upgrade cleared. They gave me seat 1F. So upgrades are happening on VX planes.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
My data point -- flying SFO-BOS on an A320 this Saturday 28th, got the "you've been upgraded" email on Monday 23rd. Kinda excited to try out post-merger VX ahahaha
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
AS 1370 LAX-BOS upgrade cleared at 75K window. Its been F7 U1 for a few weeks now. I was on a T fare. This will come in handy as this is the red-eye after my PEK-LAX flight
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP

Originally Posted by jrl767

this x1000 ... if you’ve cleared at booking, or at the window, your name shouldn’t be on the list at all ... in fact, the list should probably be called the “Still Awaiting Upgrade” waitlist
Not applicable to my situation. From the same post quoted:
Originally Posted by CalanMan
This morning I was upgraded on an R fare about 2 hours before departure. ...
😜
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Treatment of Premium Class (former MCS) is inconsistent on the website. I'm not seeing the * on my A320 reservations when seated in the MCS rows. But when you pull up the seat map, the former MCS rows are shown as Premium Class.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:21 am
Original Poster

F Waitlist Not Showing

On a reservation for next Monday/Tuesday, it does not show "First Class Waitlisted" and there is a link to Complimentary upgrade. But when I follow that link I get the error message below. It is a paid ticket, first leg in R, second in T. These fares should be eligible. When calling Reservations the person said everything is fine. Should I believe them?

Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Seen it before (well before any VX acquisition). What does the app say? I wouldn't freak out.

Also, did anyone notice that there weren't a ton of anguished posts about an operations meltdown over the last couple of days, UA/CO style?
Mauibaby2008, jinglish and DrAlex like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Seen it before (well before any VX acquisition). What does the app say? I wouldn't freak out.
The app does not say "Waitlisted for First Class" for either flight. It does for other reservations that I have. Seems a pretty good indicator that I am not, doesn't it?
Also, did anyone notice that there weren't a ton of anguished posts about an operations meltdown over the last couple of days, UA/CO style?
I flew yesterday - it went quite smoothly. AS picked a much better plan for the migration. Of course US->AA provided a pretty good roadmap. UA/CO was a clusterf*
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I would not trust it if it doesn't say you are wait listed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.