FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Check your reservations - Fall Schedule Changes! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1905987-check-your-reservations-fall-schedule-changes.html)

SF1K Apr 25, 2018 7:34 am

Check your reservations - Fall Schedule Changes!

Had a number of changes

Seems EWR-SJC is no longer daily and was cancelled on the day we were going. They had us connecting in LAX, but after a little push changed us to EWR-SFO nonstop.

HNL-OAK nonstop also changed dates. So my parents need to come home day early (they won’t do a red eye connection)

HNL-OAK also 2 hours earlier now. Happy about that as it makes it easier to get up for work the next morning.

Buster Apr 25, 2018 11:18 am

Thanks. Looks like my BUR-PDX and return schedule is back to something more manageable finally. Phew!

Finkface Apr 25, 2018 11:27 am

I had one of those HNL-OAK flights (then on to SEA the next morning) in Nov. I booked it because it was the only flight that had 2 x U space, plus it was a whopping $500 cheaper than the HNL-SEA direct! This change allowed me to get on the direct HNL-SEA flight (same departure times as the original OAK flight) and stay in F as no U was available but they opened it up for me. So same flight time and a direct flight with no overnight in OAK. I am a happy camper. Well, other than losing the additional EQM’s for the connecting flights. But Mr. Fink, who does not share my enthusiasm for longer routings just for the EQM’s, is thrilled. :p

jrl767 Apr 25, 2018 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 29682683)
I had one of those HNL-OAK flights (then on to SEA the next morning) in Nov. I booked it because it was the only flight that had 2 x U space, plus it was a whopping $500 cheaper than the HNL-SEA direct! This change allowed me to get on the direct HNL-SEA flight (same departure times as the original OAK flight) and stay in F as no U was available but they opened it up for me. So same flight time and a direct flight with no overnight in OAK. I am a happy camper. Well, other than losing the additional EQM’s for the connecting flights. ...

^ that's exactly how the system is supposed to work

my only known travel beyond Aug is the 6 Sep SEA< -- >PIT inaugural which is unaffected

nomiiiii Apr 25, 2018 12:09 pm

PDX to OMA flight cancelled for the fall, no longer running at all. I was booked into that, and there aren't really any alternatives which are acceptable to me. The problem is that this was a stopover award flight where the first-stop I have already flown, so I think I'll have trouble getting any refunded miles (LAS - PDX <several months stop> PDX - OMA). Will have to call alaska and negotiate a fair refund.

PV_Premier Apr 25, 2018 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 29682683)
This change allowed me to get on the direct HNL-SEA flight (same departure times as the original OAK flight) and stay in F as no U was available but they opened it up for me.

count your blessings, that is unusual (staying in F).

SF1K Apr 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 29683129)
count your blessings, that is unusual (staying in F).

Maybe they are being a bit more lenient? The EWR-SJC that I mentioned in the original post was also 4 of us in U space. They had changed us to the routing via LAX all in U - and that EWR-LAX is currently a 8 seat former VX plane - I actually used exactly that explanation when I asked them to open up 4 U on the EWR-SFO, which is also former VX, saying that I realize they don't make a lot of U available on those planes, but since they put us in U on one to LAX if they could just do it direct to SFO that would be appreciated. Supervisor got it done without a problem.

PV_Premier Apr 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by SF1K (Post 29683452)
Maybe they are being a bit more lenient?

If this becomes a systemic pattern, it will be a most welcome change. It's always been maddening to me that the "policy" has been that schedule changes erase confirmed upgrades. I've always managed to work my way around it either by finding another flight with U or simply canceling the ticket and buying one on another carrier, but it's always struck me as AS most customer unfriendly policy (at least up to all the more recent changes...but i digress...)

flyupfrnt Apr 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767 (Post 29682838)
^

my only known travel beyond Aug is the 6 Sep SEA< -- >PIT inaugural which is unaffected

I'm on that one too :)

beckoa Apr 25, 2018 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt (Post 29683866)

We have a rather strong FT contingent on this one ^

jrl767 Apr 25, 2018 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767 (Post 29682838)
... my only known travel beyond Aug is the 6 Sep SEA< -- >PIT inaugural which is unaffected

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt (Post 29683866)

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 29683975)

we should probably spin “SEA-PIT Inaugural” off into a separate thread ... just sayin’
:D

freakflyer Apr 25, 2018 9:08 pm

Fort lauderdale

i had a couple flights later this year canceled - and moved from a morning nonstop to an overnight flight.

There are no good options on Alaska so I will have to cancel and look for other flights as I doubt they will open up space on American to Miami.

BlueHenFlyer Apr 25, 2018 9:10 pm

Who has flights booked for the fall?

be_rettSEA Apr 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 29683975)

After yesterday, contemplating going to see friends in Pittsburgh in Sept...

SF1K Apr 25, 2018 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by BlueHenFlyer (Post 29684488)
Who has flights booked for the fall?

Me!!

Some people have very routine work lives. I work for a K-12 curriculum company, so pretty much take my vacations like clock-work around school holidays to minimize impact on clients/sales. Also means I usually have to travel “high” season. So I book as far in advance as possible to secure upgrades both on flights and hotels.