Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Last VX Flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:41 pm

I'll be on VX 1077, IAD to SFO this coming Friday, April 20th.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
...Look forward to seeing you at o-ugly in the AM, i guess.
Ugh, no kidding. And I bet I can tell from the seat map which one is you.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
I was told that only VX-booked flights were offered upgrade options during OLCI. That comports with my experience.
that makes sense. Was able to purchase at check in for $110. Used my Citi Prestige so it will get reimbursed by the CC. So free upgrade.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:52 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Baze
Was able to purchase at check in for $110. Used my Citi Prestige so it will get reimbursed by the CC. So free upgrade.
^^^
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Kinda cross posting this, but I'll be flying my last VX flight this week. When looking for upgrades during check-in, is it better to check in through VX's OLCI or AS's? (Tickets were purchased through AS and I'm MVP Gold, if that matters)
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I flew IND-SFO, SFO-LAS, and JFK-LAS on VX within the last two months, all in F. I won't have time to take another VX flight before 4/24, so I suppose those were my farewell flights. I really enjoyed flying VX and did so more regularly ca. 2012-2013, primarily SAN-SFO (and sometimes beyond, e.g. PDX). It was a nice option up and down the west coast before I was an AS elite and before the AA-US merger (AA added multiple west coast options out of LAX, and LUS flights made PHX connections an option, so I had less need for VX after that).

I'll miss the original VX product, but not the one I had on recent flights -- the JFK-LAS flight I referenced above had no amenity kits, pillows/duvets, and several live TV channels seemed to be gone already by then. IND-SFO still had the VX catering, but that's gone now also.

Interestingly, two of my three final VX flights were served by the same purser in F, SFO-based Cassie. IMO, she is a role model FA -- I hope people like her are integrated well into AS and continue to deliver the same high quality service they did with VX. If that happens, it could certainly help the AS soft product.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by extreme_panda
Kinda cross posting this, but I'll be flying my last VX flight this week. When looking for upgrades during check-in, is it better to check in through VX's OLCI or AS's? (Tickets were purchased through AS and I'm MVP Gold, if that matters)
I recommend doing it through the VX website/customer service, if you can.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Can move from a AS award to a VX award this weekend (redeye), both very painful and unpleasant, but saver awards. Have never flown a VX flight - worth it? I really like the eyeshades that I keep seeing on the internets.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by lalala
Can move from a AS award to a VX award this weekend (redeye), both very painful and unpleasant, but saver awards. Have never flown a VX flight - worth it? I really like the eyeshades that I keep seeing on the internets.
Always worth it to try a new product! Especially with it going away and chances dwindling. (I'm sure some here would argue that you've already missed your chance.) But it'll let you have your own opinions about the changes that are happening. Maybe you'll notice something VX does that you love and you can give that feedback to AS. Maybe you'll decide that you're really happier with AS's pre-merger product. There's lots of opinions on here, but having your own experience is more valuable, and more interesting!
lalala and flatdawgs like this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Mine was March 8 SEA-DAL. It was only my 5th time on VX. I'd have booked the last flight on the 24th, but I have a 7am meeting on the 25th.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Flying EWR-SFO on 4/19 and back on 4/20. My last 2 flights.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP, Delta Gold, AA Gold
Flying on VX 1899 & 1948 (LAX-SFO-LAX) on 4/24. One last hurrah!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Originally Posted by socalgecko

I will be scowling at you as I walk by and take my seat in steerage.
socalgecko likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP 2017, MVPG 2018
Just flew SFO–SEA on VX1745 and my return from EWR–SFO on 4/25 will officially be AS.

Thanked the FAs for 11 years of great experiences ever since my first flight on VX (SFO–JFK, back when I was in college at Berkeley and jumped on it as a change-up from jetBlue).
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by socalgecko
I’ll be one flight behind you (VX1929) northbound to position for the farewell flight
socalgecko likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.