Wiki Posts
Search

EQM for BA F Award*****

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
I guess my sarcasm was muted. My initial instinct was to let the OP know that bragging here was not a good idea. Go tell your friends if you must tell someone.

No i read it loud and clear. sorry that my joke fell flat. I should know better than to attempt comedy.

Originally Posted by tusphotog

Of course there's an #unnecessaryapostrophe too
I knew there was something about gifts and horses
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by drewcwsj
I called AS and they told me this was an error by BA. It is being submitted for correction and AS is going to give me a good citizen bonus....I prefer to earn my status with actual BIS miles.
well that is nice, congrats.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: star alliance
I called AS and they told me this was an error by BA. It is being submitted for correction and AS is going to give me a good citizen bonus....I prefer to earn my status with actual BIS miles.
This happened to me a few years ago, I used AA miles for 2 FC tickets to India. My wife has a BA account and they credited her with miles. When I saw a large number of random miles credited to my account, I didn't put two and two together and called AA. As in your case, it was a BA problem and AA was going to fix, 2+ years later, still have the miles and both of us benefited from being given (higher) status due to BA error. As far as I'm concerned, if I have a bad experience on a future AA/BA flight, I'll just chalk it up to the things balancing out
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

So I just flew BA F on a 70k award.
How was flying BA First?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by david55
How was flying BA First?
I can answer, it was great for me when I flew In February , FCO-LHR-SEA, but I'm not very picky when it comes to flights where I'm actually fed and made comfortable. From FCO, the taxes were about 325 bucks and didn't force me to fly FCO-CDG-PHL-long layover- SEA, so I jumped when it opened up.

I would never pay the YQ if I started in my journey in LHR.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by david55
How was flying BA First?
BA First is one of the best business class products flying across the Atlantic.
jackal and pcoll like this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: alaska, united, air france, lufthansa,delta, starwood
Originally Posted by channa
I have heard this said...many times. I disagree. Johnny Walker Blue and Grand Siecle last time I flew w/them. Tons of privacy. Comfortable seat. I've had nothing but professional and gracious Flight Attendants. Emirates is better, but I think BA has a legit F class product. Now if I could only find a way to get 2 seats for a flight anywhere on the West Coast to London for late September or early October, I'd be all set (have the seats from London to SEA on way home in hand)---trying to actually use a BA Chase travel companion is hard. And even if I find it, it will be $3k but it will be something to look forward to...
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVP
Originally Posted by bigbirdwithsilverwings
Now if I could only find a way to get 2 seats for a flight anywhere on the West Coast to London for late September or early October, I'd be all set (have the seats from London to SEA on way home in hand)---trying to actually use a BA Chase travel companion is hard. And even if I find it, it will be $3k but it will be something to look forward to...
I was able to snag 2 BA F seats on SEA-LHR for our anniversary trip to Dublin in mid-October and I'm looking forward to it. It'll be our first time in any sort of international F, and even though the fees were expensive it sounds like it''ll be quite the treat.

I've been keeping an eye out for the return. Sounds like you and I have the opposite problem!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bigbirdwithsilverwings
... I think BA has a legit F class product.
Uh no.

I've flown most of the world's international First Class products and in my opinion, BA ranks pretty much at the bottom.
IMO, only Air China and United are worse, with United's product so bad that they've decided to eliminate First Class, mercifully.
jackal and NoLaGent like this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
Uh no.

I've flown most of the world's international First Class products and in my opinion, BA ranks pretty much at the bottom.
IMO, only Air China and United are worse, with United's product so bad that they've decided to eliminate First Class, mercifully.
You’re welcome to your opinion, but no matter how much experience you have it is still subjective based on what you value most. Speaking of opinions, here’s mine:

It’s definitely not the best, but I’ve always found it acceptable, considering I usually buy J on sale and upgrade with Avios. Affordability is something I value, along with earning EQMs. Also, despite having experienced many other products, my last 787 BA F flight is still tied for “best sleep” alongside JAL F. No idea why - the bed on BA didn’t seem all that special. But sleep, above all, is my goal in a long-haul premium cabin. So it remains perfectly fine to me, even though the food and booze on JAL is far better. Like, by an order of magnitude. I’m interested in seeing how Etihad Apartments compare to Japan later in the year.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Calculon

You’re welcome to your opinion, but no matter how much experience you have it is still subjective based on what you value most. Speaking of opinions, here’s mine:

It’s definitely not the best, but I’ve always found it acceptable, considering I usually buy J on sale and upgrade with Avios. Affordability is something I value, along with earning EQMs. Also, despite having experienced many other products, my last 787 BA F flight is still tied for “best sleep” alongside JAL F. No idea why - the bed on BA didn’t seem all that special. But sleep, above all, is my goal in a long-haul premium cabin. So it remains perfectly fine to me, even though the food and booze on JAL is far better. Like, by an order of magnitude. I’m interested in seeing how Etihad Apartments compare to Japan later in the year.
Which reinforces this:

As long as you set your expectations accordingly, you won't be disappointed.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Heh. I had this happen on our Honeymoon flight. BA First booked via AS miles. Start the trip in Dublin and the fuel surcharges disappear... Anywho...BA ended up crediting both of us Avios for the flight. They still haven't corrected it. While I enjoyed BA first, the service was not to the point that I would ever pay list price on a ticket. Miles...yes, money..nope. It was definitely enjoyable, especially the concorde lounge, but it didn't blow my mind. It did make the 10 hour trip home quite relaxing.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: alaska, united, air france, lufthansa,delta, starwood
Smile

Originally Posted by pbelmore
I was able to snag 2 BA F seats on SEA-LHR for our anniversary trip to Dublin in mid-October and I'm looking forward to it. It'll be our first time in any sort of international F, and even though the fees were expensive it sounds like it''ll be quite the treat.

I've been keeping an eye out for the return. Sounds like you and I have the opposite problem!
It's great! Hope you have a wonderful anniversary. https://baredemptionfinder.com might help you find your way home (despite alas, not helping me find a way there)
pbelmore likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Which reinforces this:

As long as you set your expectations accordingly, you won't be disappointed.
Thanks, Gary.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Calculon
Thanks, Gary.
One doesn't need to be a Gary or a Lucky to know that BA First isn't really first class.
NoLaGent likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.