737-900 Row Renumbering!

Old Mar 28, 18, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
737-900 Row Renumbering!

On my ANC-LAX flight last week, I noticed that the row numbers during check in did NOT match the row numbers during booking.
So I figured that there must have been an equipment swap to a 737-800.
NOPE!
Row numbers on the 737-900 are changing.
The dreaded windowless 12A is now 11A!
The first non-Premium Y seat row went from 11 to 10.
Row 14 used to exist; now it doesn't.

My reservations (which are pretty 739-heavy) have all moved me around to seats that I consider undesirable.

CHECK YOUR BOOKINGS, if the seat assignment is important to you!
For me, I can't stand being in a windowless window seat, so it's pretty important. But I know that other folks don't care about that at all. (weirdos!)
Old Mar 28, 18, 11:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
There's a bug online where the plane swap is not reflected in the equipment. Sorry, you're on a 800.
Old Mar 29, 18, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
False.

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs View Post
There's a bug online where the plane swap is not reflected in the equipment. Sorry, you're on a 800.
No, I'm not. I thought I'd made a detailed enough post to avoid replies like yours, but apparently I did not.
The flight has already taken place.
Compare future reservation seat maps to what seatguru shows for the fleet.
Again, I've ALREADY TAKEN the flight, so I actually know whereof I speak!
Old Mar 29, 18, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Legend717 View Post
No, I'm not. I thought I'd made a detailed enough post to avoid replies like yours, but apparently I did not.
The flight has already taken place.
Compare future reservation seat maps to what seatguru shows for the fleet.
Again, I've ALREADY TAKEN the flight, so I actually know whereof I speak!
I mean you're wrong. This is the kind of thing that airlines announce via press release because it represents added revenue opportunity.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Al..._737-800_E.php
Old Mar 29, 18, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I mean you're wrong. This is the kind of thing that airlines announce via press release because it represents added revenue opportunity.

Quoting Seatguru really won't help, as that's a terribly inaccurate source of information for recent changes. However, giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, a 739 operated ANC-LAX from March 22-26.
Old Mar 29, 18, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

I guess the burden of proof is on me?

I mean I'm not wrong, but thanks for providing me the opportunity to FURTHER demonstrate why.
There is ZERO ADDED REVENUE OPPORTUNITY from changing number placards.
I've edited this post down to remove the nasty things I said about your heritage; suffice to say, when you figure out that I'm right, you owe me a six pack of the beer OF MY CHOOSING.

Last edited by Legend717; Mar 29, 18 at 7:00 pm Reason: Acting like an adult
Old Mar 29, 18, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
Quoting Seatguru really won't help, as that's a terribly inaccurate source of information for recent changes. However, giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, a 739 operated ANC-LAX from March 22-26.
Sure, seatguru is awful. And thanks for that benefit of the doubt (I guess?). It was N442AS. The seat row numbers changed between booking (and multiple looks thereafter) and check in.
Being an extremely-well-informed aviation nerd of the first degree, I'm actually fairly adept at taking care of myself, and filling in seatguru's gaps.
N440AS operated AS109 on Tuesday. Again, the seat rows at booking, and the seat rows at check in, did NOT match.

I mean, what more do I need to be considered a credible source of first-hand information? A higher number of posts? FlyerTalk Evangelist rating?
Old Mar 29, 18, 9:38 pm

Programs: BonVoy Au, IHG Au, HH Au, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Originally Posted by Legend717 View Post
I mean, what more do I need to be considered a credible source of first-hand information?
"Pics or it didn't happen".

Only kidding.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...rcraft/737-900

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...aft/737-900-er

Old Mar 29, 18, 11:17 pm

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post
Seems strange to not get rid of row 13.
dayone, missamo80 and bbinchi like this.
Old Mar 30, 18, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post
THANK YOU!
That is indeed the pic of the NEW config.
Previously, Y+ last row was 9, there was no row 10, and Y- started at number 11.
Old Mar 30, 18, 5:08 pm

As long as they don't renumber Rows 1-4 (or Rows 1-3 on other aircraft), it doesn't bother me!
Old Mar 31, 18, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
There is only one important thing here and the OP identified it, seat 11A now is the windowless seat on the plane.
Legend717 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 18, 7:18 pm

It all has to deal with aircraft swaps, especially when going from an 800 to a 900 and this seated in Premium Class. You see PC on an 800 is rows 6-10 with Main Cabin starting at 11. Prior to the change, PC on 900ís is rows 6-9 with Main Cabin starting at 11; meaning there is no Row 10. When you swap an 800 to a 900 prior to the change, the system canít move those previously in PC Row 10 to the same seats on the 900 because they donít exist and thus PC Passengers get randomly reseated in the Main Cabin. With this change implemented, they will now be re-seated in row 10 but it will not be PC but still the seat they selected.

And yes, the new windowless window seat is now 11A.

Blue
Legend717 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 18, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Originally Posted by Bay Area Blue View Post
When you swap an 800 to a 900 prior to the change, the system canít move those previously in PC Row 10 to the same seats on the 900 because they donít exist and thus PC Passengers get randomly reseated in the Main Cabin. With this change implemented, they will now be re-seated in row 10 but it will not be PC but still the seat they selected.
Presumably they get a refund for PC if they paid for PC in row 10 but lose it on an 800->900 swap?
Old Apr 1, 18, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
Presumably they get a refund for PC if they paid for PC in row 10 but lose it on an 800->900 swap?
They should be

Search this Thread
Search Engine: