Wiki Posts
Search

Storing wine in water bottles?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Storing wine in water bottles?

Hey Alaska FAs that might be on here, how common is it to store wine in used water bottles? I’ve never seen this on an airplane, but maybe that’s what you FAs do when you have leftover wine and you don’t want to pour it out. On yet another AS/Skywest flight with the same lazy FA and she comes by and leaves a bottle of water for all four passengers in F and runs off to the galley and pulls the curtain (where she’s on her phone...I’m
seated in 1A and can see right through the mesh). Anyway, I look down at my tray and the bottle
is looking a little dark and turns out to be wine. After she does her thing for about 10 mins her phone, I decide to ring the FA call bell and hand her the wine filled plastic water bottle. Doesn’t say a thing and brings me an unopened bottle of water. Is this normal?

Last edited by Wiley; Mar 27, 2018 at 12:31 am
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:03 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

So she turned water into wine?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:20 pm

Any opened bottles of alcohol has to be emptied before flight ends.
It seems quite a waste so the FA probably decided to share out the wine with the pax.

Some FAs would pour the wine or whatever into their own water bottles for consumption on layovers.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Any opened bottles of alcohol has to be emptied before flight ends.
It seems quite a waste so the FA probably decided to share out the wine with the pax.

Some FAs would pour the wine or whatever into their own water bottles for consumption on layovers.
This wasn’t the friendly “let me share this wine with you” FA. This one was sloppy and accidentally handed me her personal stash and didn’t realize what she did until I had to get her attention several minutes later
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:06 am

You're a better man than I turning down free wine
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by monkeybuns
You're a better man than I turning down free wine
It would have gone straight into my seatback pocket
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
I am on the fence with this one. On one hand it was a nice gesture as you can freely refill the cup at any time and can have “one for the road” if you will. On the other, unless it was MY water bottle or had some way of knowing it was a fresh bottle emptied, no thank you.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
SkyWest usually pours all liquids into empty bottles to dispose of them. It may have been a bottle of mixed stuff.
Wiley likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:50 pm

I would report this. It's a health code issue to serve passengers "water" that has been replaced with something -- anything -- else...
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
I am on the fence with this one. On one hand it was a nice gesture as you can freely refill the cup at any time and can have “one for the road” if you will. On the other, unless it was MY water bottle or had some way of knowing it was a fresh bottle emptied, no thank you.
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
I would report this. It's a health code issue to serve passengers "water" that has been replaced with something -- anything -- else...
It's actually disgusting and I'm sure a violation of a number of things, health and/or personnel wise.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
This isn’t one of those friendly FAs and certainly wasn’t a “take one for the road” gesture. There still was about two hours left in the flight when this happened. Also, I wasn’t drinking anything other than water on the flight. In addition, considering that there were only 4 pax in F, this shouldn’t have been a matter of confusing me for another pax. This is just sloppy.
BenA likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Wiley

This is just sloppy.
And gross. This should really be submitted to Alaska Listens:

https://survey.alaskalistens.com/#/survey1
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
And gross. This should really be submitted to Alaska Listens:

https://survey.alaskalistens.com/#/survey1
agreed, in addition to the other observations with respect to this particular FA.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:01 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
This should really be submitted to Alaska Listens:
Only if the OP feels strongly about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.