Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bag Fee waiver

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Bag Fee waiver using points from BA or AA

I am a BofA Alaska Airlines credit card holder and have made reservations in the past with British Airways using Avios for award travel on Alaska and have gotten my bag fees waived as I had my MP number in the reservation detail.
This time I am redeeming award tickets with AAdvantage for Alaska flights to Hawaii and I could not get the MP number inserted with Alaska. You need to actually call the AAdvantage desk a couple days after reservations are made and are ticketed to make the change. This is easily done by calling the AAdvantage desk to have the
MP number inserted and then you are good to go on bag fee waivers for the whole party in your PNR.
Going to the Alaska website and using you Alaska locator will not allow you to change the number as I tried this.
Even calling MP they could not do it either.
Thanks and ALOHA.

Last edited by sanFF; Mar 22, 2018 at 1:35 pm Reason: quesstion answered now sharing answer
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Do you have an AS confirmation code? When checking in on AS website you can input for MP# and hopefully your baggage fee will be waived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.