Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS 155 delayed overnight in OME, No Lodging Provided

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS 155 delayed overnight in OME, No Lodging Provided

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:08 am

It wouldn't be a bad idea for AS and the airport to have some sort of contingency plan for when this occurs, however rarely. If it's really impossible to get rooms for a planeload of passengers, a supply of cots and a catering agreement with a local restaurant would be a start.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by milypan

Not saying AS shouldn’t have given some vouchers out, but it sounds like — shockingly — there may not be enough excess hotel capacity in Nome to house a 737 size load of passengers. In which case someone was going to be sleeping in the airport no matter what AS did.
I doubt AS has a voucher program set up with any hotels or restaurants in Nome.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tankerman

I doubt AS has a voucher program set up with any hotels or restaurants in Nome.
You'd think they'd have some sort of contingency plan with the airport to provide cots or whatever. "Catering with a local restaurant" could be as simple as them at least ordering a bunch of pizzas. Just show that they at least sort of give a .... about the passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.