Search

AS 1024 CXLD on 3/20 (VX Metal)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
AS 1024 CXLD on 3/20 (VX Metal)

Anyone know why?

I was originally booked on this but was canceled just before boarding. Flight was minutes away from landing when they canceled.

The other NYC flights around the same time still went out.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:11 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
The inbound FLL-SFO diverted to AUS, delaying its arrival at SFO by an hour and a half. If they had the same crew scheduled to work SFO-JFK, they probably timed out.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tonei
The inbound FLL-SFO diverted to AUS, delaying its arrival at SFO by an hour and a half. If they had the same crew scheduled to work SFO-JFK, they probably timed out.
That would make sense. I know they did a tail swap this morning because the original plane was already at SFO (landed the night before).

This place has been a nightmare today.

Rebooked on 1178 to EWR instead. Got delayed because they couldn't find the reserve CA. Then that CA timed out on his way to us from LA so they pulled the CA from 1026 (SFO-JFK) which also had to deplane for mechanical.

We just reboarded and are awaiting departure. Fingers crossed.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

On second thought, they wouldn't have used that same FLL-SFO crew for SFO-JFK in the same day, they are usually limited to 1x transcon daily. Must have been something else.

I did finally make it out around 5p local time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.