Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska No Longer Offers Snack Box in Premium Class (March 2018)

Alaska No Longer Offers Snack Box in Premium Class (March 2018)

Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by jinglish
The brand choice of fig bar was good, but they only had fig instead of the blueberry or raspberry flavors.
Yeah more Costco food! Noticed the chocolate truffle is the same chocolate that is sold in the entryway of the C concourse at SEA.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:32 pm

I got the snack box on my LAS- SEA flight this morning.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by shand32783
I got the snack box on my LAS- SEA flight this morning.
So there's probably not 50,000 snack boxes in a dumpster somewhere on International Blvd in SeaTac just waiting for someone to come along and take all the chocolate? That's too bad.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Seriously AS? Yes the snack box wasn't much but it was something. AS is charging something like $80+ for a transcon premium upgrade, give me a snack that cost more than $1.
Disgusting...
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
I took the fig bars on my last flight and even though they were the same brand as what used to be in the snack box, they were much fresher and tastier than what used to come in the box. I shudder to think about how long those boxes sat around in storage that it would make that much of a difference with a hermetically sealed item.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
The snack boxes could have used a bit more variety (was always the almonds - good, gummy bears, and fig bar for me), but they weren't a huge perk for flying Premium for me. The snack replacements sound weak. Why not keep it easier on FAs and make it more premium by offering choice of meal/snack for sale in main cabin at no charge?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: AS MVP
Talking

Originally Posted by ASA_1
I flew in premium on 3/19/18 on a transcon (DCA-SEA), and when meal service came through I was surprised when I was offered the choice of a “Fig Bar” or “trail mix”. When I inquired about the snack box, the FA informed me they stopped offering them on 3/16/18.
Wow. I flew 3/15/18 and got a snack box. Should have saved it and waited a few years to eBay it.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MapMan25
Wow. I flew 3/15/18 and got a snack box. Should have saved it and waited a few years to eBay it.

I have one sitting on my desk at home. Time to cash in on it!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Flew yesterday and am happy with it. The cranberry trail mix or fig bar are at least double the size of the old one inside the hard to open box. Still, a basket is a no brainer IMHO.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
I didn't like the contents of the snack box very much, but what I would like is for them to offer a choice of snacks where you can take more than one, rather than just an either or. Basically, the way Southwest does it.
Employee: "Reports are that customers don't like what we put in the snack box"
Executives: "Remove the boxes"
Employee: "Um, why don't we just update what's inside?"
Executives: "Did I stutter? Give them something that costs us a nickel at wholesale."
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Took first SAN-SJC flight Wednesday of this week, gate agent announced availability of 3 Y+ seats prior to departure, mentioned the now infamous snack box. After the announcement, I walked up to the counter, politely suggested she check, as it was recently discontinued. She walked over to me about 5 minutes later, confirmed I was correct, offered 3k miles or a $75 credit for helping her - I of course went for the latter. Just checked - already there!
Mauibaby2008 and jinglish like this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I would be happy with some goldfish, almonds and a cheese stick. Toddler food is the way to go.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
Employee: "Reports are that customers don't like what we put in the snack box"
Executives: "Remove the boxes"
Employee: "Um, why don't we just update what's inside?"
Executives: "Did I stutter? Give them something that costs us a nickel at wholesale."
The snack boxes were almost universally panned on this board as being too small, too cheap, and not appealing. Of course, AS replaces them with individual items that are probably more expensive and people complain about that too.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lalala
I would be happy with some goldfish, almonds and a cheese stick. Toddler food is the way to go.
Or a bag of cashews....or Tim's Potato Chips (to keep with the "West Coast vibe").....I can honestly say I've never thought, "A fig bar sure sounds good right about now"....lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.