Wiki Posts
Search

First Time on Virgin America

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:12 am
Original Poster

First Time on Virgin America

Hi All
We are flying out of LAX to Boston. First time flying Virgin Airlines. Flight: VX1360 .

1. Is there a first class check in inside the terminal?
2. I am in first class with our child and my husband is in main cabin SELECT. Can he also check in at the first class check in with us?
3. Will my husband also be able to get into the same security line as us?
4. When flying AA First Class, we are allowed to place our bags under our seats, does Virgin also allow this for first class and Select?
Thank you
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:34 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

The best place for your queries is the Alaska Airlines Forum, as although you will be flying on Virgin America, since the merger they are now part of Alaska. I know this is confusing. So, I am moving this over to the Alaska Airlines Forum where I am certain you will receive answers to your questions.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
I can answer a couple of these.

1) Yes, Virgin America and Alaska have dedicated first class lines at LAX.
4) Depends on the seats. Bags go under the seat in front of you, so you'll have to throw them in the overhead bins if you're in row 1 in F or he's in row 3 in MCS.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jinglish
I can answer a couple of these.

1) Yes, Virgin America and Alaska have dedicated first class lines at LAX.
4) Depends on the seats. Bags go under the seat in front of you, so you'll have to throw them in the overhead bins if you're in row 1 in F or he's in row 3 in MCS.
To add - for takeoff and landing, Row 2 also needs to have bags in the overhead bin. The FAs on VX are usually pretty good about reserving all first class overhead bin space for those first 2x rows so you should be fine. There's just no actual place to store bags underneath the seats in Row 1.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Our plane seems to only have 2 rows in first class.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FluxTZ
To add - for takeoff and landing, Row 2 also needs to have bags in the overhead bin. The FAs on VX are usually pretty good about reserving all first class overhead bin space for those first 2x rows so you should be fine. There's just no actual place to store bags underneath the seats in Row 1.
Hi Flux
I am confused, my plane seems to only have 2 rows in first class. My seat is 2F, so does that mean I have to place my carry on in the overhead bin and can take out after take off , but will have to put it back in the bin before landing?
Thanks

Last edited by lindalogan; Mar 15, 2018 at 4:07 pm Reason: misspelled plane, called it place by mistake sorry
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by lindalogan
Hi Flux
I am confused, my plane seems to only have 2 rows in first class. My seat is 2F, so does that mean I have to place my carry on in the overhead bin and can take out after take off , but will have to put it back in the bin before landing?
Thanks
That's exactly what you would have to do. There is no under-seat stowage in former Virgin America planes in first class. This is also the case in row 3 as there is a bulkhead there (row 3 is a MCS row). All bags have to be overhead for takeoff and landing in those rows.
FluxTZ likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Virgin airlines first time?

So you're a Virgin virgin?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Virgin airlines first time?

So you're a Virgin virgin?
Well since she hooked up with an Eskimo, i'm not so sure i'd call her a virgin anymore.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
That's exactly what you would have to do. There is no under-seat stowage in former Virgin America planes in first class. This is also the case in row 3 as there is a bulkhead there (row 3 is a MCS row). All bags have to be overhead for takeoff and landing in those rows.
Thank you
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
There is tons of underseat storage when sitting in row 2 on VX. 2A is my go-to seat; I fly it often and I always store my bag under row 1. In fact, I flew on Saturday in row 2 and both husband and I stored bags under row 1.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I don’t know where you put your bags, but mine didn’t fit. You can see pictures here.
Mini-Review: Virgin America First Class Los Angeles To Chicago - One Mile at a Time

I’ve also seen people told it’s not approached for storage during takeoff and landing. There’s a ton of space in the cabin, just not under the seat that I could see.

But okay...
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I don’t know where you put your bags, but mine didn’t fit. You can see pictures here.
Mini-Review: Virgin America First Class Los Angeles To Chicago - One Mile at a Time

I’ve also seen people told it’s not approached for storage during takeoff and landing. There’s a ton of space in the cabin, just not under the seat that I could see.

But okay...
I can only go by my own experiences. All of my VX F flights (12 segments in the past year) except one have been in row 2 and I have always stored my bag under the row 1 seat. As I said, as recently as two days ago on Saturday when I was in 2C and husband was in 2A. Both of us used the space under row 1 for our bags.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by lindalogan
Hi All
We are flying out of LAX to Boston. First time flying Virgin Airlines. Flight: VX1360 .

1. Is there a first class check in inside the terminal?
2. I am in first class with our child and my husband is in main cabin SELECT. Can he also check in at the first class check in with us?
3. Will my husband also be able to get into the same security line as us?
4. When flying AA First Class, we are allowed to place our bags under our seats, does Virgin also allow this for first class and Select?
Thank you
Okay, back ON topic, before this thread devolves into a "he said/she said" about underseat storage...

Anyway, you know, you can (if space is available) pull your husband from Main Cabin Select into First for a pretty reasonable price, right? I'm not sure what the gate-upgrade fee is on that particular route, but on mid-cons (in my example, Seattle to Dallas), it's $110.
I think transcons like yours from LAX to BOS are $299, but they may be lower.
And frankly, I don't think you'd raise any eyebrows if you had your husband board with you and your child. Even if he stays in coach. Gate agents are typically pretty calm about letting families board together.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Finkface
I can only go by my own experiences. All of my VX F flights (12 segments in the past year) except one have been in row 2 and I have always stored my bag under the row 1 seat. As I said, as recently as two days ago on Saturday when I was in 2C and husband was in 2A. Both of us used the space under row 1 for our bags.
Row 2 first class?

Also how about purses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.