Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

No automatic rebooking if upgraded to F (on companion ticket)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K

Learned the hard way with the latest winter storm in Boston, If you are upgraded to F the system will only look for flights with U seats. If none, you are stuck until you know to call. I didn't see weather waver posted when I checked in for PDX-BOS 24 hours in advance of a known to be huge storm. Got a call from the shuttle company advising of the cancellation long before AS called. I looked on EF and all the flights were sold out. called AS, agent was shocked until she saw the upgrade. Of course everything to BOS was sold out now for a week SEA, PDX, SFO, LAX & SAN. They did offer to let us stay in Hawaii but GF needs to be at work in 4 days or could lose her job. Thankfully we were able to get booked to EWR in premium 24 hours later but what a mess. I was a little shocked as a 75K they could not book me on the PDX-ORD which had ton of space in F&Y connecting to AS codeshare on AA to BOS. Hopefully the consolation prize is full Y bonus points.

Last edited by CDKing; Mar 14, 2018 at 9:51 am
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, Southwest A-List, United MileagePlus Gold, Marriott/SPG Platinum
As perhaps the only 75K based in Rhode Island, achieving status solely on Alaska transcons out of BOS - I very much appreciate this advisory.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Were you on a companion cert? If so, they don't rebook on other metal that I've seen, even in IRROPS. Ran into an issue with this before.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Were you on a companion cert? If so, they don't rebook on other metal that I've seen, even in IRROPS. Ran into an issue with this before.
yes we were on one. That could be it. So glad we didn't take the offer to stay in Kauai another week. Bad weather moved in (worse than the clouds and VOG the first week we were there), 5" of rain in an hour yesterday.

I rarely complain and I know it's act of god , but ill send AS a little note about the auto rebooking issue and see if maybe i can get a small voucher or something for the extra inconvenience, and make sure i get the upgrade codes back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.