Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska fix your STS flight time

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I've never flown into STS, but other than being close to San Francisco attractions, what exactly is the "tourist attraction" there?
Wine country.
JPat likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jinglish
Wine country.
Ok, got it...that makes sense....my wife and I don't drink so I guess we're not missing much other than the beauty of the countryside.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Ok, got it...that makes sense....my wife and I don't drink so I guess we're not missing much other than the beauty of the countryside.
Seeing the winemaking process is still interesting even if you don't drink the stuff. Plus there's cheese and other food to enjoy.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:55 pm

Why couldn't the flight have just left without the passenger? I thought bags only had to be offloaded for international flights, not domestic.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ATLMike1234
Why couldn't the flight have just left without the passenger? I thought bags only had to be offloaded for international flights, not domestic.
It probably could have but there are no AS flights from SJC-STS to put them on later. Don't think there are any flights on any airline SJC-STS.

Last edited by Baze; Mar 17, 2018 at 9:51 pm
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Well you eat, don’t you? Some very fine restaurants there to try. A very fine jazz festival in Healdsburg in early June to sample some jazz. Try McClure’s Beach out at the Pt Reyes National Recreation Area to commune with nature.
Take a drive to Mendocino. You don’t have to drink alcohol to enjoy one of the finest vacation venues on the Pacific Coast.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
I've never flown into STS, but other than being close to San Francisco attractions, what exactly is the "tourist attraction" there?
The Redwoods are nearby. Also THEY FIXED IT. The summer and fall schedule now are listed at a 9:30 AM departure.

Hallejujah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.