Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Way to Complain

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Best Way to Complain

I had a terrible travel day yesterday, made worse by problems that (IMO) could have been prevented by Alaska. What have you found to be the best way to communicate service problems to Alaska? I am 75K Gold in case that matters. I was told at the Alaska Lounge to try "alaskalistens.com" but the questionnaire format i found there doesn't lend itself to providing a complete description of what happened. Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited by bofc; Mar 1, 2018 at 11:40 pm
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K
In the past I would use the comment section of Alaska Listens to leave a detailed summary of what I went through, and they usually reach out for more information. That being said, a call to the Gold line could be helpful too, that way you can speak one on one with someone if it's necessary.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Call. In the past year or so I’ve had a couple of very sub-par AS experiences and filled out the Alaska Listens form. I was 75K at the time and I didn’t hear a word back.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:10 pm

Social media, particularly Twitter. Gets their attention quickly.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I carpet bombed the executive leadership earlier last year when something went wrong for me during the VX purchase and got quick replies with cc's and forwards and a resolution (ecert) in short order. More than anything though, the sincere replies and "Thanks for bringing it up" from several Executives was most rewarding. I appreciate that Alaska generally recovers well when you engage them on issues resulting from controllable service failures.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
I carpet bombed the executive leadership earlier last year when something went wrong for me during the VX purchase and got quick replies with cc's and forwards and a resolution (ecert) in short order. More than anything though, the sincere replies and "Thanks for bringing it up" from several Executives was most rewarding. I appreciate that Alaska generally recovers well when you engage them on issues resulting from controllable service failures.
How, exactly, did you "carpet bomb.." the executive leadership? Email? Phone? Twitter?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
although the ET email addresses are published throughout the threads of FT, i think we should be judicious about using them for the "top 5%" of collective grievances...in order to continue to maximize the impact when a message is sent there. twitter has worked well for me around things that can/should be immediately resolvable, and [email protected] has helped with other focused feedback that i want to bring a higher level of attention to than the AlaskaListens survey.
flyupfrnt and spamman808 like this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Alaskalistens.com works, just fill in the comment boxes with what you have to say and make sure to check the option saying you want a response.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by philemer
How, exactly, did you "carpet bomb.." the executive leadership? Email? Phone? Twitter?
email.

Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by mbluecpa
Call. In the past year or so I’ve had a couple of very sub-par AS experiences and filled out the Alaska Listens form. I was 75K at the time and I didn’t hear a word back.
Agreed. I wouldn't bother with Alaska Listens - they may be listening, but they're not doing anything anymore in terms of responses. I've had decent success getting a response from the Twitter team as well.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:23 am

AlaskaListens, waita week for reply, then phone if thats unsatisfactory
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I’ve had the best luck recently with Twitter. Alaskalistens.com used to be effective but they’ve altered the questions so much that it’s hard to provide any effective feedback besides what they want to hear.

Kudos to the Alaska twitter team...they are usually very responsive.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
I have found that I always get a response when I submit a complaint via Alaska Listens, but *only* if I choose a 1 or 2 star rating on one of the specific "how did we do" questions. If I just submit a comment at the end of the survey, or if I give a 3 star or higher rating on specific questions, then I get no response.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
My experience in the last year, which has been a mess between the VX acquisition, the Horizon fiasco and lately the SEA daily ATC delays is that the formerly exceptional customer service has pretty much vanished. I have had many messed up trips and politely explained to Alaska Listens, and directly to customer service. I wait for weeks and get a token "thanks for your feedback and for being a 75K member" brush off reply.

i have been delayed three times in two weeks and five times in the last three months due to ATC issues in Seattle, either missing connections or having to run to the gate. Its a recurring issue lately. I don't ask for, or seek compensation - I ask that they just address the repetitive issues - and so far they don't.

I have not tried Twitter... why should I have to find ways to get them to care like they seemed to in the past?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Question for the group. How do you feel about complaining when flying upgraded first class? I had a pretty bad weather related experience DTW-SEA last Thursday that was compounded by Alaska mistakes. Flights were averaging 1 1/2 hour delays but we were over 5 hours most of it sitting in the plane. In the end I chose not to complain as I was better off than most with my admittedly entitled behind in a comfortable first class seat. Curious what others think about situations like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.