Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

TSA Pre-Check Not Scanning on Some iPhone AS Boarding Passes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre-Check Not Scanning on Some iPhone AS Boarding Passes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tonei
In my experience this manifests as precheck not appearing on the BP, not as a non-PreCheck BP with a false PreCheck logo.
It used to be that you could get precheck on the BP and it would be encoded in the QR whether you'd get the precheck treatment or just get to cut to the front of the line and get the regular treatment. There are some details here, and probably somewhere on FT. I haven't checked to see if that's still the case, and my impression is that the precheck authentication process has been changing over time, so it may or may not still be encoded that way.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: alaska
Yes! Happened to me twice flying out of SAN 2/14 and SEA 2/20. Was working perfectly in January on my 3 flights.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Would be interesting to see (and probably very helpful for AS IT folks) if the problem is replicated for the AS-app boarding pass as well as the Apple (or Android) Wallet versions. I noticed issues with the AS Apple Watch app that I kept sending to AS on twitter (w/ screenshots, etc) and a few updates later, they pushed a fix. This is probably higher priority for them, and the more specific details you can provide (as well as screenshots), the better.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:55 am

Worked again for me last night
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:11 pm

This happened to me twice on Alaska in the last 3 weeks. Both times was at LAX using the mobile boarding pass in the Alaska app. Both times I had the pre-check logo on the mobile boarding pass but it didn't scan as pre-check. I fly almost every week and this has never happened to me before. I did finally find one CLEAR agent who said he had seen this happen with Alaska. I called the Alaska customer service but they had never heard of the issue.

Anyone obtain a successful resolution of this yet?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
I would imagine this should be easily reproduceable on the Alaska end if you still have a copy of the boarding pass in your wallet and fwd it to missydarlin.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
I have had this happen before. Led me to use a printed boarding pass to go through TSA screening, then use the mobile pass at the gate. No issues after doing this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:11 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
@missydarlin Are you aware of this issue?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Flew SEA to SAN yesterday and returned today. Used my iPhone and AS app mobile BP. No issues going through pre-check at both airports. There was a barker running the magnetometer at one of the SEA pre check stations that annoyed everybody though.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk @skubapooh and the Alaska Airlines forum.

Thanks for the datapoint.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:03 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by ryandc99
@missydarlin Are you aware of this issue?
I haven't heard anything about it.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by skubapooh
This happened to me twice on Alaska in the last 3 weeks. Both times was at LAX using the mobile boarding pass in the Alaska app. Both times I had the pre-check logo on the mobile boarding pass but it didn't scan as pre-check. I fly almost every week and this has never happened to me before. I did finally find one CLEAR agent who said he had seen this happen with Alaska. I called the Alaska customer service but they had never heard of the issue.

Anyone obtain a successful resolution of this yet?
CLEAR agent at DAL was also telling me they were seeing this on a limited number of Alaska mobile boarding passes, but problem for me appears to have resolved as of early this week. If it happens again, I'll report back.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

I spoke too soon... same problem yesterday at LGA. When I went back to the ticket counter to get a printed boarding pass, the ticket agent told me that she had had to deal with another "very angry" passenger who had had the same issue earlier in the day.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
This happened to me in Ketchikan in December. They don’t have full Pre Check there, so I was able to talk the agent into giving me the blue card anyway since I still had the Pre Check logo on my boarding pass.

Using the Apple Wallet version, FYI.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chugach
This happened to me in Ketchikan in December. They don’t have full Pre Check there, so I was able to talk the agent into giving me the blue card anyway since I still had the Pre Check logo on my boarding pass.

Using the Apple Wallet version, FYI.
I'm also using Apple Wallet. Just deleted and reinstalled the app... will see if that helps matters any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.