Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

“Specific seats are not available right now”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan

We are flying to Boston on Thursday morning, with reservations made months ago and seats selected near the back of the plane. I thought I would check and see if any seat pairs were left in Premium since it is a long flight, and I just won the lottery (just kidding). But no seat map appears, just the message quoted in the title.

Is this usual when less than 48 hours remain until the flight? I thought I had seen seat charts and seat selection available right up to the 24-hour mark, and maybe after.

Should I just keep checking back? Or is it really closed for advance seat selection?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: HH Silver
If the flight is full I sometimes get a message like that, cannot remember if that's it exactly or not. I always check the seating chart while not logged in to see what is actually available.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

How do you do that?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

OK, I figured it out. I did a flight search for that specific flight and could view the seat map before putting it in my cart. It shows all seats gone except the ones reserved for Elites. Do they release those to others if still available at check-in time?

Seems like I have seen offers to upgrade to Premium (for a fee of course) when checking in .

Last edited by enzian; Feb 13, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
Strange..
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
When I have had to make a booking to someplace in the next 2-3 days I have looked at the available seats on the flights that will work and I can see that my choices will only be for a middle seat someplace, if I am lucky it will be in PE or exit row, if not... sigh, I get to be near the top of the waitlist for a sold out FC since I bought a high last minute fare.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
The non-premium seats open to everyone at 24 hours before departure. I believe even exit row is free of charge at that time. They used to block everything exit row and forward (except the non-reclining in front of exit), then they decreased the number to just a few rows. I believe since premium came out they increased the number of blocked seats again to exit row and forward

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.