Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Difficulty in calling Alaska Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Difficulty in calling Alaska Airlines

I have been have a really difficult time reaching Alaska Airline by calling either +18003076912 or +18002527522. The phone call does not even go through.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If there is a better number to call, please kindly share it with me by PM. I really appreciate it.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
I just got off the phone with them earlier at +1 (800) 252-7522 (ALASKAAIR). Not sure why you can't get through.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I called them twice today. Are you calling from the USA?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
If you're not in the United States AS does have a list of international phone numbers.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I know there are numerous threads discussing calling AS. Now that the merger is happening, do not call the international desk as I have traditionally done when booking international awards in the past. Most of the agents on that number are just new agents being trained now that the merger is happening.

It's best to just call the original MVP line for all problems, including international partner awards, as you are almost guaranteed to get an agent who knows what they are doing or will get you to an agent who is a seasoned veteran.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
the lines are probably busy with people complaining about CX
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
No this has been my general experience in the past week or so. Sometimes waiting on hold for 30 minutes, and being spoken to by someone who obviously is new on the international partner line. So it’s obvious to me they are training people on that international line even though that use to be the number to call and get a good agent.

This is just an APB to the community that if you want a competent agent for anything, including international award travel, just call the MVP line. They are now handling everything, including international partner awards. Also you’re getting competent agents. So it’s clear to me that they’ve moved all the veteran agents to the MVP number while they train on the other numbers.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
the lines are probably busy with people complaining about CX
LOL

Maybe that's changed in the four and a half years since AS published this chart in an annual report, but I seriously doubt it. CX/JL redemptions in premium classes within 3 days of departure is going to be a rounding error. The frequent flyer geekery you find on FT is completely atypical as to how 99% of the universe uses their miles. (Good thing, too.)
kevincrumbs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.