Sale on mileage tickets, book by Feb 19

Reply

Old Feb 13, 18, 10:32 am
  #1  
Community Director
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 28,782
Sale on mileage tickets, book by Feb 19

Alaska is running a sale on mileage tickets, at least on the short haul flights from San Diego.

5000 points from San Diego
- San Jose
- San Francisco
- Monterey
- Sacramento
- Salt Lake City
- Albuquerque
- Steamboat Springs

6000 points from San Diego
- Portland

7500 points from San Diego
- Austin
- Dallas

Purchase by 02/19/18 for travel between 03/06/18  05/16/18.
SanDiego1K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 11:03 am
  #2  
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: deep within the Eskimo lair
Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Posts: 16,786
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/deals/award-sale
missydarlin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 11:15 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Coast Best Coast
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 14,877
some decent deals especially to Hawaii at 12.5K

my girlfriend is going on a work retreat to PVR in May...maybe I will take myself on an el-cheapo vacation for the weekend.
PV_Premier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 11:48 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: SEA, NW/DL 1.5Million Miler
Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver, AS 75K 15-18
Posts: 3,170
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
Alaska is running a sale on mileage tickets, at least on the short haul flights from San Diego.

5000 points from San Diego
- San Jose
- San Francisco
- Monterey
- Sacramento
- Salt Lake City
- Albuquerque
- Steamboat Springs

6000 points from San Diego
- Portland

7500 points from San Diego
- Austin
- Dallas

Purchase by 02/19/18 for travel between 03/06/18  05/16/18.
Good find. There are some long haul flights from SEA as well.

Jiburi
jiburi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 12:27 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SEA, but up and down the coast a lot
Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Posts: 16,082
Works for SEA too... and SFO ... and LAX...
eponymous_coward is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 12:33 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Posts: 7,125
Isn't PDX-EWR normally 12.5K each way? And PDX-SFO is also normally 5K each way....seems like some of these "sale" tickets aren't really discounted from the "norm"...am I missing something?
PDXPremier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 1:37 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Coast Best Coast
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 14,877
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Isn't PDX-EWR normally 12.5K each way? And PDX-SFO is also normally 5K each way....seems like some of these "sale" tickets aren't really discounted from the "norm"...am I missing something?
better availability than the norm, perhaps

i haven't seen a lot of transcon itineraries out of SMF lately at 12.5K, but can readily find them to PHL, BWI, and RDU during this sale period.
PV_Premier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 1:39 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Posts: 7,125
Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
better availability than the norm, perhaps

i haven't seen a lot of transcon itineraries out of SMF lately at 12.5K, but can readily find them to PHL, BWI, and RDU during this sale period.
Fair enough, but PDX to the Bay area airports usually has quite a bit of 5K availability....it's the odd ball places like YKM or EAT that are tougher to find at the 5K level.
PDXPremier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 1:52 pm
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1M, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 40,407
Anc-sea 9k
​​​​​​​anc-pdx 10k
beckoa is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 1:58 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Posts: 708
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Fair enough, but PDX to the Bay area airports usually has quite a bit of 5K availability....it's the odd ball places like YKM or EAT that are tougher to find at the 5K level.
Not really. YKM, EAT and PSC frequently have revenue fares on sale to the Bay Area, Los Angeles, and Phoenix. Using Yakima as the example, it's commonly cheaper to fly YKM-SEA-LAX than it is to fly YKM-SEA. Since the low-level miles pricing often mirrors the existence of those discounted paid fares, it's also common to find YKM/EAT-Bay Area for 5k, but YKM/EAT-SEA at 10k.
Calculon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 3:47 pm
  #11  
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: deep within the Eskimo lair
Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Posts: 16,786
Out of SEA, I think one of the best values is 5K to KTN
eponymous_coward, JPat and sturges like this.
missydarlin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 7:00 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,420
Some of the airfares are pricing in ... interesting ways. DAL-LGA is 7.5k, but on some dates, you can fly DAL-SFO-JFK for 5k.
flyupfrnt likes this.
steveholt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 9:55 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Houston, TX
Programs: MVP Gold
Posts: 200
I wish they had specials for IAH
seahawks10177 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 10:24 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Seattle, Wa
Programs: AS 75K - HHonors Gold - Hertz PC & BW Diamond
Posts: 2,325
Tried to Check out SEA-HLN at the 5K / $6 level to no avail
flyupfrnt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 18, 10:42 pm
  #15  
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Anywhere a good IPA is served!!
Programs: Too many to list
Posts: 9,719
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt View Post
Tried to Check out SEA-HLN at the 5K / $6 level to no avail
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/deals/award-sale
SEA-HNL isn't on the list. Try OAK, LAX, SFO, SJC<> HNL.
philemer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: