Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Upgrading to Premium Seats on AS Flights booked with AA Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver

I am interested in a flight from EWR-LAX in August, and if paying for the flight, it seems that I can upgrade my seat to the front row premium seats for $139/person extra. I have the Ritz card and would use the $300 from it to upgrade 2 seats, but I would be booking it with AA miles. Does anyone know if you can book a flight with AA miles, then login to your reservation on AS and still be given the option to upgrade to better seats. I know AA lets you do this if using other miles, while Delta does not, but have never flown AS before so wasn't sure how it worked. Thank you.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Very recently asked and answered on the AA forum.

Alaska seat assignment on AA award booking
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:58 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
I don’t have any experience doing this but in principle it shouldn’t be an issue - the reason it doesn’t work on Delta is that they treat Comfort+ as a separate class of service, so it would be like booking a coach award and then paying cash to upgrade to First. Alaska doesn’t handle their Premium Class this way, so I don’t think it should be a problem. There’s nothing in the FAQ or T&C excluding award tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.