FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Best FC row on 738 for max. sleep potential (redeye)? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1892141-best-fc-row-738-max-sleep-potential-redeye.html)

philemer Feb 3, 2018 6:56 pm

Best FC row on 738 for max. sleep potential (redeye)?

Wife and I are flying OGG>SEA next week in F and the F section is almost empty. What row would you choose for max. sleep potential? I'm guessing row 3 because it's the last row so no one will be grabbing the back of your seat when they get up. Your thoughts please.

Idaho Territory Feb 3, 2018 9:11 pm

Go with row 2. Don’t want the pheaseants right behind you. They are more inclined to grab seats, kick, etc.

philemer Feb 3, 2018 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Idaho Territory (Post 29376955)
Go with row 2. Don’t want the pheaseants right behind you. They are more inclined to grab seats, kick, etc.

Are they that close?

LaneW Feb 3, 2018 10:31 pm

I have never seen the word "pheaseants" in my language.... but I prefer row 3, or 4 if there is one, for the storage under the seat in front, and yes, you have less chance of the person behind you grabbing the back of your seat.... in the last row, even the " pheaseants" wont likely be grabbing your seat back.

InTheClag Feb 3, 2018 10:57 pm

No one wants a red eye with one of those emotional support pheasants!
Go with 1F. No one will recline into your space, and you don't get blinded by the galley light if you are on the right side of the aisle.

philemer Feb 3, 2018 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by InTheClag (Post 29377125)
Go with 1F. No one will recline into your space, and you don't get blinded by the galley light if you are on the right side of the aisle.

I guess the main negative to row 1 would be the people behind you getting up and grabbing the back of your seat.

dayone Feb 3, 2018 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 29377134)
I guess the main negative to row 1 would be the people behind you getting up and grabbing the back of your seat.

And the galley lights and lav traffic. Go with the last row in F (3 or 4).

T2A Feb 3, 2018 11:26 pm

Another vote for 3 or 4. The bulkhead would be my last choice.

philemer Feb 3, 2018 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by LaneW (Post 29377089)
I have never seen the word "pheaseants" in my language.... but I prefer row 3, or 4 if there is one, for the storage under the seat in front, and yes, you have less chance of the person behind you grabbing the back of your seat.... in the last row, even the " pheaseants" wont likely be grabbing your seat back.

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 29377141)
And the galley lights and lav traffic. Go with the last row in F (3 or 4).

Originally Posted by T2A (Post 29377155)
Another vote for 3 or 4. The bulkhead would be my last choice.

SOLD. Row 3 it is. Thanks! Now, I'll stop at Walmart & buy a small, firm, pillow. :)

Idaho Territory Feb 3, 2018 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by LaneW (Post 29377089)
I have never seen the word "pheaseants”....

thunderlounge Feb 4, 2018 1:01 am

Originally Posted by InTheClag (Post 29377125)

I wouldn’t mind. They’re quite tasty and would make a nice snack. :D

Ready2SailAway Jun 30, 2019 5:04 pm

Flying 739 "Layout 2" https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Al..._737-900_D.php LAX-EWR in F next week, with premium class behind us. Have choice of sitting in row 3 or last row 4 -I assume the recline is the same, and preordered meal so no worries about not getting our preferred selection.
Any reason not to sit in row 4?

metallo Jun 30, 2019 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 29376981)
Are they that close?

AS doesn't have a hard bulkhead between Y and F.

Flying for Fun Jun 30, 2019 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by metallo (Post 31256433)
AS doesn't have a hard bulkhead between Y and F.

Additionally, if the cart is blocking the Isle in Main, they will line up at Row 4/6 waiting for the F Lav. That might be bothersome. I don't like a bulkhead myself so my first choice is always Row 2.

James

Xrayman Jun 30, 2019 8:46 pm

My choice is typically 2D and 2F. Off plane early. No “pheasants” behind you and no drink cart.