Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How do I get my status correct in reservation system

How do I get my status correct in reservation system

Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K and Million Miler
Originally Posted by sturges

Qualifying flight posted 2-Jan. I booked a test flight today and still not fixed. Might give them a ring tomorrow and ask what’s up.
Please let us know what you find out. I am in exactly the same situation
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by riffraff
Please let us know what you find out. I am in exactly the same situation
I mentioned in the post above that I called regarding this issue and they told me to wait until Saturday.

But today around 10a, my reservations started showing Gold. So I can now request upgrades on my next 15 reservations.

edit: it now has the button for "Complimentary Upgrade" on my 2-pax reservations, but it keeps telling me that an error occurred and to call reservations. But it IS showing me as "Gold" on the confirmation page, so that is an improvement.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium, NEXUS
Yay! My reservations now show 75k! Looks like it is sorted out.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AS 75K, UA Plt
Originally Posted by brownnet
Yay! My reservations now show 75k! Looks like it is sorted out.
Yes but the waitlist probably still has you at the same place in line.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Progress!

Perhaps SABRE will update this weekend.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Sounds like things are resolving for some, but not me yet. I'm in the same boat--requalified for Gold but flights posted after the new year, causing the system to drop me to MVP). My Gold status was restored last week, but all my reservations (including those booked in 2017 and new ones post status restoration) still show MVP. FWIW I have been able to have all five of my flights so far this year upgraded manually at the Gold window by calling in. Sometimes it takes a supervisor, and occasionally a HUCA, but, as usual, in the end Alaska customer service FTW.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Glob, EX-AS 75k
+1 in the same boat. Talked to the first-ever RUDE AS Customer Care representative, he told me I need to "be patient" because "it is what it is" and they're "unable to make an exception and push (my) status through."

I have flown 6 flights since Jan 1st and missed upgrades on 5 of them (the sixth, I used a GGU). Was a 75K, dropped to Gold because I went for Diamond on Delta instead, and all my reservations so far this year have classified me as an MVP. I didn't notice at first and was then disallowed from boarding with Golds (have been Gold or 75K for 9 years, didn't even think about it) and was refused a drink in the cabin since the FA's system did not show me as Gold.

Meanwhile my Delta status never missed a beat and my rollover MQMs posted in the first couple days of the year. Feeling pretty crap about AS nowadays.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium, NEXUS
Originally Posted by drewcwsj
Yes but the waitlist probably still has you at the same place in line.
Is there any way to actually see which waitlist I'm on via the web? Mostly I'm happy to be able to upgrade myself to PC, although a couple flights I could have qualified for last week, the PC is now full.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by michellt
was refused a drink in the cabin since the FA's system did not show me as Gold.
If it were me, I'd go ahead and pay, then fill out the Alaska Listens survey as a formal complaint and request reimbursement for the first drink.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Just a heads up to anyone who experienced this issue:

I booked 10 reservations during the time I was MVP but didn’t waitlist. When the reservations finally showed up as Gold, I tried to request to be added to the waitlist but was getting an error.

A wonderful phone agent had to manually add me to the waitlist for all of my upcoming trips. She said something about the status update broke the waitlist request function and they sometimes have to manually fix it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.