Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How do I get my status correct in reservation system

Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K and Million Miler

My daughter is an MVP Gold. She booked flights in 2017, to be flown in 2018, and the reservation system correctly showed her as a Gold when the reservations were made. She flew her last flight to requalify for Gold for 2018 on 12/31/17. As a result of a couple day delay in posting of her miles her status changed to MVP. When the miles posted her status is now showing as a Gold. However, the reservation system changed her to MVP on her existing reservations and has not changed her back to Gold. She has already flown on one of these tickets and they will not make the adjustment at the airport.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Call the reservations line and ask them to remove her MP# and re-add it to the reservation. Reps on Twitter can do this as well, send them a direct message.

Neil
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by missamo80
Call the reservations line and ask them to remove her MP# and re-add it to the reservation. Reps on Twitter can do this as well, send them a direct message.

Neil
I experienced this same issue. Called three times over the course of 10 days and the agents kept saying it wasnt successful. Luckily Ive now flown all of my 2017-booked flights.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Same issue here. Was told twice, via Twitter and phone, that the system had to update itself. Already missed out on one upgrade thanks to this nonsense.

Whats even more weird is is one of the reservations I booked in 2018 has the same problem.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K and Million Miler
Originally Posted by missamo80

Neil
Just tried this and it didn't work. They said to try back in a week or so. Fortunately no trips in the next week.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
In the past if you dropped levels you retained your waitlist position. Has this changed? Seems like messing around with it will cause a drop in waitlist status thus better off leaving alone
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:01 pm

This is getting ridiculous. Just booked a new flight and it is showing as MVP on the confirmation page despite showing Gold on the booking page. I'm tired of flying without gold benefits.

EDIT: it's also trying to charge me for Premium class despite already having a premium class seat selected (K-fare)
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Did the miles post this week?

If so, perhaps the status will update in SABRE tonight. Historically Saturday Night (late) is when this has happened.

Try again tomorrow morning and let us know if its resolved.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Did the miles post this week?

If so, perhaps the status will update in SABRE tonight. Historically Saturday Night (late) is when this has happened.

Try again tomorrow morning and let us know if its resolved.
Qualifying flight posted 2-Jan. I booked a test flight today and still not fixed. Might give them a ring tomorrow and ask whats up.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by sturges

Qualifying flight posted 2-Jan. I booked a test flight today and still not fixed. Might give them a ring tomorrow and ask whats up.
Yup, sounds like something is broken. :/
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:08 am

I came here to see if this was happening to anyone else. My husband was MVP last year, and on 12/29, he reached MVPG. We noticed the same thing. I JUST booked a ticket for him for February, and it reverts back to MVP. He's earning the correct bonus miles, but nothing else. The CSA only showed him as MVP on the UPG list, not as MVPG and he He wasn't acknowledged by the crew for a beverage, when the 2 men next to him yesterday were. He sheepishly mentioned it to the FA, and showed his status on his phone, and she graciously obliged him the GnT. She also showed him, he wasn't showing as MVPG on their list on their inflight phone device.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AS 75K, UA Plt
If you have existing reservations when you make a higher status level then they stay at the old status for waitlist/upgrades. This happened to me twice last year when I made gold and then again when I made 75k. My first flight as a 75k, a week after making status, and I was 21 of 40 on the upgrade list. I'm guessing there weren't 20 75ks on the flight...
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:28 pm

I called Mileage Plan support and they said something about having difficulties integrating the imported VX elites which was delaying processing of the end-of-year AS elites. The CSR said that they should have the problem fixed by this Saturday night.

One suggestion is to NOT request an upgrade when booking and wait until it lists your correct status on the reservation so that you earn the correct place on the waitlist.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium, NEXUS
Qualified for 75K on 12/30. Website status changed on 1/3, and my 50k bonus posted.

None of my flight show 75k, even those booked after 1/3.

Very frustrating. Called once, CSR gave same line about issues with VX elites. If it doesn't fix tomorrow I'm going to call again, a little less friendly like.

Was also told removing and re-adding MP doesn't work anymore.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by brownnet
Qualified for 75K on 12/30. Website status changed on 1/3, and my 50k bonus posted.

None of my flight show 75k, even those booked after 1/3.

Very frustrating. Called once, CSR gave same line about issues with VX elites. If it doesn't fix tomorrow I'm going to call again, a little less friendly like.

Was also told removing and re-adding MP doesn't work anymore.
The remove/add procedure only seems to fix waitlist order problems. It doesnt fix that SABRE doesnt have the latest list of elites.

I assume this update process is batch processed, so I will wait until next week before calling about it again.

I did, however, cancel all of my upcoming flights (by phone, because the system thinks Im MVP) and rebooked them without requesting an upgrade. I dont want to deal with upgrade issues this whole spring as Im booking 10-15 flights tonight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.