Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Quickest to obtain 75K status in any given year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum

With the new year starting and people beginning to work on their current year segments and EQMS, I was just curious what the quickest anyone has ever hit 75K in any given year?

It would be interesting to know what the fastest was ever in AS but obviously that would be tough to find out. So instead, what is the quickest that people here have hit it? Or what would be your guess for what could reasonably be the quickest ever for AS?

i won’t hit MVP until late summer/early fall so I don’t have any data points in this question, just curiosity.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I requaled in early May last year. All on AS.

Imagine some requaled in Jan- just need a couple TPAC's in an F cabin
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

(For reasons I don't and don't need to understand) This question was asked periodically about EXP qualification in the AA forum. Middle- to late-January was the usual answer.

There is always someone who is richer, thinner, prettier or flies more than you.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by dayone
(For reasons I don't and don't need to understand) This question was asked periodically about EXP qualification in the AA forum. Middle- to late-January was the usual answer.

There is always someone who is richer, thinner, prettier or flies more than you.
While not, AS, some more than others

Is Tom Stuker the world’s most frequent flyer?
A man who chooses to fly over 1m miles a year with United Airlines
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
OMG! I flew a little over 520,000 miles one year - that was butt numbing!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I'm more curious about what is the CHEAPEST way to earn 75K Any good ideas? Please share
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'm more curious about what is the CHEAPEST way to earn 75K Any good ideas? Please share
Keep an eye out for good LATAM - Qantas fares. That’s what did it for me last year, also took advantage of a few mistake fares, the AA J/F Haiti fare, the Emirates MLE JFK fare
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I rarely fly paid F. But I know sometimes the price difference on last minute flights are minimal. As a Gold, I know I earn more EQMs with paid F, but I have never been able to figure out how much more. Any idea where to find that for EQMs on the Alaska site? Seems sometimes it might make sense and be enough to push through to 75 by purchasing more F fares.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I achieved 75K status for less than $4000.00 back in 2012. While I doubt anybody here would have the slightest interest in reading about how, I did publish a trip report that included some interesting side trips that made the whole adventure more tolerable. If you're facing a month in the hospital or a long prison term, HERE is a link to the report.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I rarely fly paid F. But I know sometimes the price difference on last minute flights are minimal. As a Gold, I know I earn more EQMs with paid F, but I have never been able to figure out how much more. Any idea where to find that for EQMs on the Alaska site? Seems sometimes it might make sense and be enough to push through to 75 by purchasing more F fares.
F and P give 75%bonus EQMs
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I achieved 75K status for less than $4000.00 back in 2012.
You could do it for a little less now with 15 SFO-JFK round trips at $221 each ($3,315 total). Those fares have been out there for Jan/Feb/March. I'm converting from GBP and could be a few dollars off on the exchange rate (Google flights won't price in dollars here).

Tom in Edinburgh
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by tom911
You could do it for a little less now with 15 SFO-JFK round trips at $221 each ($3,315 total). Those fares have been out there for Jan/Feb/March. I'm converting from GBP and could be a few dollars off on the exchange rate (Google flights won't price in dollars here).

Tom in Edinburgh
So with gold 75K bonus + 50,000 renewal bonus you would earn approximately 225,000 miles at a price of .0147 each .. and 75K status.. with 15 trips to California. Nice ! Don’t think I’m doing that though Lol
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I already did the 33K mile back to back transcon runs on VX last year. No way i'm doing anything like that again. The medical bills wiped out some of the savings.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
AS doesn't make too many mistakes (or we don't find them). But they had a $97 each way ANC-KOA fare in Full Y a couple years ago that allowed routing through the West Coast. Max route was some like ANC-SEA-SAN-KOA. With Full Y bonus, that max route would have netted more than 7,500 EQM each way, making 75K in 5 RTs for about $1,000. Y fare instant upgraded with status, too.

Along the same lines, VX had the routing error on PDX-LAX that allowed East Coast connections (PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX), so about 5,600 EQM for the one-way fare (not sure what it was, $99 each way, maybe less?). So 7 RTs would ahve done that.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
16 SEA-JFK on 10K mileage buy down fare's at the current $124 each way sale fare would cost $2136 + 160,000 miles. Though a net mileage earn of 25,128 assuming MVP, or 44,432 Assuming MVPG, or 63,736 miles as a Requalifying 75k.

That's a lotta Main Cabin Red eye turns before March though.

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Jan 13, 2018 at 9:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.