Wiki Posts
Search

AS 3371 (SNA-SFO) Diversions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K
AS 3371 (SNA-SFO) Diversions

it shows it landed at SJC this morning instead of SFO. anyone know why?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Gonna guess weather, 'cause... weather.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by missamo80
Gonna guess weather, 'cause... weather.
which i get. however, the flight still has not gone to SFO yet from what i can see.

yesterday AS3354 did SJC-MSP instead of out of SFO. i have to imagine that is a nightmare to let pax know that close to departure you are leaving from SJC instead of SFO.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by haddon90
which i get. however, the flight still has not gone to SFO yet from what i can see.

yesterday AS3354 did SJC-MSP instead of out of SFO. i have to imagine that is a nightmare to let pax know that close to departure you are leaving from SJC instead of SFO.
I've had this happen before. They bus pax from SFO to SJC (or SFO to OAK) and vice versa. They do this on days when SFO has major delays. I have never seen them actually operate the SJC-SFO leg...usually they just terminate the flight and bus the outgoing passengers to the new departure airport.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Exciting, as I'm flying into SFO in a few days
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I am flying into SJC tomorrow and got the dreaded error-cannot check in message when trying to OLCI. Ruh roh.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa
Exciting, as I'm flying into SFO in a few days
I'm glad I chose OAK instead for my inbound next week

Neil
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:56 pm

Tough run for the morning SNA-SFO run (3371) the past few days https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/as3371
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
The weather has been uncooperative this week. The past two days have seen very low misty fog. I can't imagine SFO was very functional yesterday until about noon. I bet even OAK had some significant delays yesterday morning. It looked like July (I call those middle months Jog and Fogust). This morning is beautiful - just another week in the Bay Area...
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by DrAlex
The weather has been uncooperative this week. The past two days have seen very low misty fog. I can't imagine SFO was very functional yesterday until about noon. I bet even OAK had some significant delays yesterday morning. It looked like July (I call those middle months Jog and Fogust). This morning is beautiful - just another week in the Bay Area...
Hope it holds into early next week.

Thanks for the wx report ^
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:31 pm

Weather pattern is finally shifting towards a more wintry pattern for the west so hopefully we’ll have a steady stream of cold wet storms for the foreseeable future. We need it. Bad news for people flying in or out of SFO though.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold

Welp, what part of 'early next week' are we talking about!?

Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:21 am
Original Poster

i'm on 3371 on saturday...should be fun.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:21 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Do they let passengers out at SJC? or wait until they get another landing slot at SFO?

SFO is always at least 1/2 functional. It's just that when weather minimums cut the 2nd runway out, these smaller flights inevitably are the first to get diverted, yes?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by TA
Do they let passengers out at SJC? or wait until they get another landing slot at SFO?

SFO is always at least 1/2 functional. It's just that when weather minimums cut the 2nd runway out, these smaller flights inevitably are the first to get diverted, yes?
They usually bus passengers to and from OAK/SJC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.