FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   739 without WiFi? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1887865-739-without-wifi.html)

sturges Jan 12, 18 1:14 am

739 without WiFi?
 
Was on a 739 last week that had no WiFi/Beyond service. There was no WiFi access point and the FAs didnít make their usual Beyond Entertainment announcement.

My seat-mate asked about it and the FA said something to the effect that it was the only airframe in the fleet without WiFi and they were waiting for the new satellite system.

Has anyone else heard about this? Or was the FA making stuff up as an excuse for the WiFi being broken?

I forgot to write down the tail number, but it was an N4##AS 739 ETOPS and was reconfigured with the new overhead bins and Premium Class.

beckoa Jan 12, 18 1:54 am

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a new delivery that wasn't installed on yet. You sure it wasn't an AK tail #?

bbinchi Jan 12, 18 2:43 am


Originally Posted by sturges (Post 29282669)
Was on a 739 last week that had no WiFi/Beyond service. There was no WiFi access point and the FAs didnít make their usual Beyond Entertainment announcement.

My seat-mate asked about it and the FA said something to the effect that it was the only airframe in the fleet without WiFi and they were waiting for the new satellite system.

Has anyone else heard about this? Or was the FA making stuff up as an excuse for the WiFi being broken?

I forgot to write down the tail number, but it was an N4##AS 739 ETOPS and was reconfigured with the new overhead bins and Premium Class.

If you can tell us the flight number and date it's easy enough to determine which aircraft you were on.

sturges Jan 12, 18 10:13 am


Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 29282747)
Wouldn't be surprised if it's a new delivery that wasn't installed on yet. You sure it wasn't an AK tail #?

80% sure, but now Iím starting to doubt myself.


Originally Posted by bbinchi (Post 29282850)
If you can tell us the flight number and date it's easy enough to determine which aircraft you were on.

4-Jan AS848

(I know it was a Hawaii flight so internet connection is down, but every Hawaii Iíve ever taken has at least had Beyond still)

flyupfrnt Jan 12, 18 10:23 am

I think we'll find this was a tech issue and not an aircraft without the systems. Both N283AK and N284AK had the systems installed before going into service

sturges Jan 12, 18 1:28 pm


Originally Posted by flyupfrnt (Post 29284065)
I think we'll find this was a tech issue and not an aircraft without the systems. Both N283AK and N284AK had the systems installed before going into service

I figure this is likely what it was. I probably wouldn't have even thought about it if the FA hadn't mentioned that it was the only such creature in the fleet.

bbinchi Jan 12, 18 1:37 pm


Originally Posted by sturges (Post 29283999)

80% sure, but now Iím starting to doubt myself.



4-Jan AS848

(I know it was a Hawaii flight so internet connection is down, but every Hawaii Iíve ever taken has at least had Beyond still)

According to Flightradar24 AS848/04JAN KOAPDX was operated by N442AS, a 737-990ER delivered to AS on 25 NOV 2013.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:54 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.