Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update Passport Online

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Update Passport Online

I can't find a way to update my passport info (after a renewal) on an itinerary online - is there?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
You have to call in.

Neil
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Confirmed. Which is a bit annoying as they let you update it in your profile on the site. It would be nice if there was a button to apply that to all of your open trips.

Easy enough to call, they just need to set it 1x1.

also, as a warning - changes on passport don’t transfer to award partners on same trip, even if Alaska is the first flight and owns the booking - you have to do those 1x1 as well.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Why do they even require the passport at booking? UA, AA, DL, etc. don't. Check-in, yes, but booking, no. You can always do it in advance and update it on their sites too.

What would happen if you just left it and showed up with a different passport? I'm sure they could fix it on the fly.

Also, would you need to provide it if you booked with an OTA (e.g., Orbitz)? Maybe that's a better option for int'l bookings.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by channa
Why do they even require the passport at booking? UA, AA, DL, etc. don't. Check-in, yes, but booking, no. You can always do it in advance and update it on their sites too.

What would happen if you just left it and showed up with a different passport? I'm sure they could fix it on the fly.

Also, would you need to provide it if you booked with an OTA (e.g., Orbitz)? Maybe that's a better option for int'l bookings.
Passport updates can be handled at departure, OLCI may be limited though if not done in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.