Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Sun Vodka->Tito's, Sun Gin->Tanqueray and Sun Rum->Cruzan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sun Vodka->Tito's, Sun Gin->Tanqueray and Sun Rum->Cruzan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
No, that came from being married and raising kids
So I'm really S.O.L.?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I was telling some friends how I've had a FRESH mojito (well, a few of them) on Emirates, including the mint leaves in the drink

\ ~ / \ ~ / \ ~ / \ ~ / \ ~ / \ ~ / \ ~ /
It's pretty amazing what they can do onboard the A380. I've learned the hard way that 16 continuous hours of flying requires, how shall I say it?... restraint... and restraint beginning in the lounge!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by BOB W
Tito’s is worse than swill! Had it FAI-SEA on Thursday and it tasted like fingernail polish ����
Hmmm ... I've always been a Titos fan.
Perhaps I'm biased, being a Native Texan.

My on-board "before diner" beverage has always been a rum-n-coke. After having Tito's somewhere, then seeing American switch to Tito's made me switch to vodka-n-7 (excuse me ...as many FA's have corrected me ... vodka-n-Sierra Mist )/
I remember flying AS back in my rum days, seeing the "Sun Rum" and thinking WTH, but enjoyed it.
I recently came to AS via VX. On AS I ordered (Sun) vodka n lemon-lime soda thinking this would be good. OMG, it tasted like a pine tree. Or was that turpentine I assumed it must've been made wrong (ie: was actually gin or something else I've never had) so accepted the offer of a refill, but clearly stating Vodka. Same nasty flavor. Never tried again. Glad to see Tito's coming on-board.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:52 pm

The Crater Lake Espresso Vodka is solo good even as is. I flew AS in FC last year and man was that Crater Lake so good on the SEA DFW red eye. I must have had 4 of them!!!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by danielonn
The Crater Lake Espresso Vodka is solo good even as is. I flew AS in FC last year and man was that Crater Lake so good on the SEA DFW red eye. I must have had 4 of them!!!
There is only 4 per aircraft now...
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by steve64
On AS I ordered (Sun) vodka n lemon-lime soda thinking this would be good. OMG, it tasted like a pine tree. Or was that turpentine I assumed it must've been made wrong (ie: was actually gin or something else I've never had) so accepted the offer of a refill, but clearly stating Vodka. Same nasty flavor. Never tried again. Glad to see Tito's coming on-board.
I had a similar experience. I ordered a vodka & soda and it tasted off (I thought it was gin). I was brought another and again I thought it was gin. Then the FA brought out a bottle of vodka and a bottle of gin with two glasses of soda. It was so ghastly that I gave up - but then from FT I learned the wonders of Woodford Reserve and I have never looked back.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:02 pm

Saw a Sun Rum a week or two ago...
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
New liquors on QX, but not Baileys. Had to make do with just the Hazelnut Espresso in coffee.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

VX's Red Drink menu now displays unnamed gin and rum. Bombay Sapphire and Bacardi are still served. I suspect it is a hint of future standardizing on Tanqueray and Cruzan.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by dayone
VX's Red Drink menu now displays unnamed gin and rum. Bombay Sapphire and Bacardi are still served. I suspect it is a hint of future standardizing on Tanqueray and Cruzan.
Yup, noticed that two weeks ago on my flight, bet they are just waiting for supply to run out and switch over to AS liquor stock. Unfortunate as I enjoy Bombay Sapphire more than Tanqueray.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dayone
♫ I rode on an airplane, drank a gin with no name, no more Bombay, it is quite a shame ...♫♫ (I always hated that song, now I hate it even more.)
♫On the airplane, you can't remember the name, cause their ain't no menu and it is such a pain ...♫
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:26 pm

Will have to see what happens tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.