Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Sun Vodka->Tito's, Sun Gin->Tanqueray and Sun Rum->Cruzan

Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:48 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

I was surprised to be served Tito's vodka last week. The FA said that AS is phasing in Tito's as it depletes its Sun inventory. She also said that the gin is changing I think she said Beefeater to Tanqueray.

The was an Insight panel survey in the last couple months that specifically asked about Tito's. I guess somebody actually reads those things.

Last edited by dayone; Jan 25, 2018 at 10:31 am Reason: Add image.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Had it a couple weeks ago as well. It was on SkyWest, and I thought it was a miscater from UA's supply or something.

Good to see it's going to be permanent. These obscure Seattle brands need to go now that they're #mostwestcoast . Well known national brands with recognition will work better.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
too bad about the Beefeater ...
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
This makes me sad. Going the way of Jones.

Hope they keep the Hazelnut Espresso Vodka... but imagine it'll be gone too

Perhaps they'll get a drinkable scotch however?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:17 pm
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Originally Posted by beckoa
This makes me sad. Going the way of Jones.

Hope they keep the Hazelnut Espresso Vodka... but imagine it'll be gone too

If it goes ill be missing that Hazelnut Espresso Vodka too! My go to dessert drink is that and Bailey's on ice.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by channa
Had it a couple weeks ago as well. It was on SkyWest, and I thought it was a miscater from UA's supply or something.

Good to see it's going to be permanent. These obscure Seattle brands need to go now that they're #mostwestcoast . Well known national brands with recognition will work better.
I like the Sun brands and thought they set AS apart. I will miss them.
Eastbay1K, chrisny2 and pancakex like this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:35 pm

Hi -

Slightly off-topic, but I remember when I used to drink them out of RedBull, with or without an alcoholic chaser ...
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I'm bummed. I really like the Sun Gin and it made AS unique. Beefeater is available everywhere and, while it is a reason gin, is not unique to AS.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

Slightly off-topic, but I remember when I used to drink them out of RedBull, with or without an alcoholic chaser ...
I remember drinking it without... regular and sugar free
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
I don't care for Tito's, better than Skyy which I wouldn't even use for mouthwash.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I like Tito’s and consider it a good brand. Makes a good Bloody Mary. Don’t axe the Baileys though or I’ll be upset.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

Did it give you wings?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by channa
These obscure Seattle brands need to go now that they're #mostwestcoast . Well known national brands with recognition will work better.
That's exactly what AS is shooting for; national brands get asked for, while local Seattle brands are not always warmly received everywhere.
channa likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
I wouldn't mind having the Scotch & Tequila that VX has
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Large national brands provide substantial promotional discounts to vendors, e.g. AS, to get them to serve and promote their products. Air carriers are great targets because there is not a huge onboard selection. So, when a passenger orders vodka, he gets Titos and, having tried it, presumably likes it and buys it at home or elsewhere in the future. When that matches up with consumer choice from surveys, that is simply a bonus. It is all proprietary, but more than likely, AS is paying very little for that Titos.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.