Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Disgruntled AS Employees: "It's a race to the bottom."

Disgruntled AS Employees: "It's a race to the bottom."

Old Jan 25, 18, 3:05 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Million Miler, United Airlines Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond Level
Originally Posted by tusphotog View Post
I think Waji's has really gone downhill recently.
Surprising to hear this. I had their chicken and veggies bowl a couple of weeks back - it was as good as ever. I look forward to my next one on February 3rd.
Old Jan 25, 18, 10:46 am

Programs: MVPG
I often fly Ord to Sea on Saturday night and have never been on one of the new configurations. The last flight(1-7) didn’t even have seat power! And why bother with airline food when you can go to Frontera —avocado toast, yum!
Old Jan 25, 18, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by gahyland View Post
And why bother with airline food when you can go to Frontera —avocado toast, yum!
Wow. I guess I've lived in California way too long! (My entire life)
Old Jan 25, 18, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXPLT; AS 75k; B6 Mosaic; UA Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott/SPG Platinum; Hilton Gold; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
The bottom line is AS doesn't want to make a play for premium transcon California-JFK. OK. They're either right or wrong on that. As far as everything that is NOT California-JFK premium transcon, it's perfectly competitive. Last I checked, AS isn't densifying their Y to 30" like UA/AA or adding a Basic Economy product, and I've had plenty of non-transcon F on other airlines where the food is "meh" in 38" pitch recliners (just flew AA F on SEA-LAX where a miscater happened and everyone got BOB Y boxes).
Except Alaska just mentioned that they are exploring the idea of Basic Economy, once the merger is complete...
Old Jan 25, 18, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Seat 2A View Post
Surprising to hear this. I had their chicken and veggies bowl a couple of weeks back - it was as good as ever. I look forward to my next one on February 3rd.
Well, there prices keep getting jacked up
Old Jan 25, 18, 11:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by gahyland View Post
I often fly Ord to Sea on Saturday night and have never been on one of the new configurations. The last flight(1-7) didn’t even have seat power! And why bother with airline food when you can go to Frontera —avocado toast, yum!
Your comment piqued my curiosity so I checked AS21's history on Flightradar24. Sure enough, on Saturday, 6th January 2018 the flight was operated with a Boeing 737-790 aircraft (N622AS) that would not have seat power. A rare occurrence indeed.
Old Feb 1, 18, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by bbinchi View Post
Your comment piqued my curiosity so I checked AS21's history on Flightradar24. Sure enough, on Saturday, 6th January 2018 the flight was operated with a Boeing 737-790 aircraft (N622AS) that would not have seat power. A rare occurrence indeed.
None of the 737-400's and 737-700's have seat power. AS swaps planes all the time. What you book or expect can change any time through day of departure
Old Feb 1, 18, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by seacarl View Post
None of the 737-400's and 737-700's have seat power. AS swaps planes all the time. What you book or expect can change any time through day of departure
There are no 737-400s in passenger service with AS, and there are 11 737-700s. So, 140/151 passenger planes in the AS fleet have at seat power.
Old Feb 4, 18, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Here at JFK for the Alaska Gates. I can only be remjnded if Col Kurtz muttering “the horror” in Apocalypse Now.

DrAlex likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: